Sr. Financial Analyst, Product Cost
Haribo Holding GmbH & Co. KG
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Finance and Business Planning, the Sr. Financial Analyst, Product Cost, will support the achievement of short- and long-term financial goals for the HARIBO of America (HoA.) The Sr. Financial Analyst, Product Cost will be responsible for working closely with financial accounting to ensure processes are aligned with management reporting objectives and drive improvement where needed. The Sr. Financial Analyst, Product Cost will be a key finance partner to HARIBO of America’s Finance organization to support and drive visibility into cost drivers.
Why work for HARIBO? HARIBO, founded in 1922, creators of the original and iconic HARIBO Goldbears have delighted kids and grown-ups for over 100 years! Our associates are our most valuable asset. At HARIBO of America we are committed to a comprehensive benefit program that helps our associate stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a positive work life balance. We provide fully paid health insurance premiums and generous HSA contribution, 11 paid Holiday plus Paid Time Off/PTO, competitive 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. Additionally, we offer community involvement opportunities and career growth opportunities.
- Identify and communicate any risks and opportunities from Cost of Goods Sold (COGS), inbound freight and conversion cost to
achieve lowest cost.
- Provide yearly product costing planning initiatives which includes import and in-house production volumes
and spending, calculating, and analyzing activity rates and allocations, and ensuring the setup of standard
cost, including material cost, activity rate, and overhead allocation.
- Review and approve new and revised bills of materials and receipts and to ensure they properly reflect the
true cost of production and align with the business’s product costing policies and strategies.
- Align stakeholders on the design and development of costing solutions and the fit with other processes
using knowledge of complex costing and pricing models and their impact on design, profitability and
controlling profitability analysis reporting.
- Be a key support member to the Operations team (Manufacturing and Supply Chain), proving tracking,
analysis, and insights relating to inbound freight/product cost and storage rates, and all inflationary cost
pressures within the business.
- Own the preparation of team/department financial results and variance drivers to facilitate understanding
and action planning.
- Develop and introduce new internal control policies and procedures to ensure governance.
- Responsible for forecasting, planning, reporting actuals and a clear ability to deep dive and understand
complex SAP functions for root cause analysis.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance is required
- Master’s Degree/MBA, CMA or CPA or other financial certification preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting and financial statements related to Cost of Goods Sold (COGS), Cost of Goods Manufactured (COGM), and inventory valuation under various accounting standards both locally and globally is required
- 5+ years of experience in Finance or Accounting required
- Experienced to deep dive and critically think within SAP is a requirement
- Ability to work on-site is a requirement for this position
- Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Food & Beverage or related industry strongly preferred
- Ability to partner with people at all levels of the organization
- MS Office – Word, Power Point, Access, Excel (intermediate to advanced) is required
The Happy World of HARIBO is more than a business; we’re family. We always have been, since our founding in 1920. For the last 100 years, while we’ve expanded internationally and created over 1,000 confectionery treats, we’ve known our talented Associates are behind our greatest successes. That’s why we’re committed to investing in their growth, development and career opportunities.
At HARIBO, you’re empowered to charter your own path with mentoring and support from colleagues throughout the business. We encourage you to try new things, think of possibilities and aim higher – all while having fun delivering moments of childlike happiness to our gummi fans in the U.S.
Our core values and focus on long-term success continue to guide the way we do business every day. Our success story is rooted in our teams, and giving them the autonomy, support and freedom to make the best decisions for our consumers, customers and each other.
We give back to the places where we live and work. We listen to our consumers and get excited about innovation. We encourage diverse schools of thought and nurture inclusivity. We work to inspire joy through sweet treats that are fun to share. Want to know more about us? Please visit Haribo.com.
We’d love to hear more about you.
What can you expect?
You will be part of a successful family-run company with core values that is growing internationally faster than ever before. We nurture long-term associate relationships, work-life blend, rich learning environment, and a tangible impact in the company's success.
Are you looking to make a meaningful impact with your work? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you a people-person with a passion for finance? Does working in the consumer packaged goods industry excite you? If the answer is yes, then this is the job for you! Working at HARIBO inspires childlike happiness through the impactful work, dedication, and passion for our brand. Come join our team, where our associates are our greatest asset!
HARIBO of America, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. Employment at HARIBO of America, Inc. is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, including protected veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. HARIBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also HARIBO’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
HARIBO is committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. If you need an accommodation to assist with completing the electronic application, please contact the location for which you are applying and ask to speak with the human resources representative or email careers-us@Haribo.com.