DevOps Team Lead (m/f/d)
Explore a new world of possibilities:
At HomeToGo, we’re on a mission to make incredible accommodation easily accessible for everyone. Our team is united by a passion for travel, driven by innovation and impact, and guided by open-minded leaders at every level. Our commitment to recognizing and empowering exceptional talent is the foundation of our growth. An amazing journey of opportunity with an international team lies ahead - join us!
Your future contribution:
As a DevOps Team Lead, you’ll be a part of a passionate and innovative team. As a team, we’re building an infrastructure to serve class-leading products to millions of customers per day. You will join a dynamic and ambitious tech organization combining Extreme programming, DevOps, test-driven and trunk-based development principles to maximize business value. Our HomeToGo engineering teams are capable of doing multiple daily production releases, and the operations engineering team is one of the key prerequisites to enable high work velocity in a stable and secure way. You will lead our operations engineering team, contribute to setting team goals, plan the team’s work, as well as coach and mentor colleagues.
How you’ll add value:
- DevOps Strategy Leadership: Play a leading role in the design, implementation, and management of automation and self-service enablement initiatives within the technology environment to streamline processes, enhance efficiency, and improve overall system reliability.
- People Focus: Mentor, coach, and provide guidance to a team of passionate IT professionals, fostering a collaborative and high-performance culture. Conduct regular performance evaluations, set goals, and identify professional development opportunities for team members.
- Planning and Organization: Develop and oversee the team's work plans, assigning tasks, and proactively managing resource allocation to optimise productivity and responsiveness.
- Operational Excellence: Implement best practices for incident, risk, and change management, ensuring the team follows and exceeds industry standards and adheres to established processes.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including software development, security, and cloud engineering, to ensure seamless integration of DevOps processes and alignment of technology strategies.
- Documentation: Maintain comprehensive documentation of IT operations processes, procedures, and automation workflows to facilitate knowledge sharing and cross-training.
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Have relevant experience: Minimum of 5 years in IT operations/DevOps/SRE roles with increasing responsibilities, including at least 2 years of team leadership experience.
- Possess automation expertise: Proven track record of designing and implementing automation solutions using tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation, or other similar technologies.
- Have solid leadership skills: Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills to effectively manage and motivate a team.
- Are a problem solver: Analytical mindset with the ability to diagnose complex technical issues and drive effective solutions.
- Enjoy collaboration: Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Are adaptable: Thrive in a fast-paced and evolving technology landscape, staying updated with industry trends and emerging technologies.
What HomeToGo offers:
- Career growth opportunities and promotions, 360° feedback and open feedback culture, mentoring opportunities from an international team of passionate, industry experts.
- Culture driven by our Leadership Principles: entrepreneurial, results-driven, encouraging ownership and enabling each other to succeed. Transparency about company goals, collaboration and support from an international team.
- Caring for the environment (proud to be a certified ClimatePartner and a part of the Leader for Climate Action community) as well as our employees (work-life balance, weekly yoga classes, mentoring program).
- Attractive benefits package, including competitive compensation. Additional benefits include language courses, full IT support and equipment, internal workshops and trainings, company and team events, modern and centrally-located office, additional holidays.
HomeToGo is the marketplace with the world's largest selection of vacation rentals, listing millions of offers from thousands of trusted partners, including Booking.com, Vrbo and TripAdvisor. From vacation homes, cabins, beach houses, apartments, condos, house boats, castles, farm stays and everything in between, HomeToGo combines price, destination, dates and amenities to find the perfect accommodation for any trip worldwide.
Founded in 2014, HomeToGo operates localized apps & websites in 25 countries across Europe, North America, South America, Australia and Asia-Pacific. HomeToGo also operates brands such as Agriturismo.it, AMIVAC, Casamundo, CaseVacanza.it, e-domizil, EscapadaRural, Tripping.com and Wimdu.
HomeToGo is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring and nurturing exceptional talent, representing various backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We are authentically candid and open-minded, fostering a safe environment for diverse opinions. Our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We do not discriminate against race, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, political, ideological or religious views, disability or age.
We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce of equality and diversity at HomeToGo and to provide opportunities to everyone. We therefore welcome your application even if you aren't completely confident that your experiences fit the job description criteria. We would really love to get to know you!