SAP QA/Test Tosca Automation Consultant
A career in IBM Consulting is rooted by long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You’ll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you’ll be encouraged to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and development opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an SAP Quality Assurance/Test Consultant you will serve as a client-facing practitioner who sells, leads and implements expert services utilizing the breadth of IBM’s offerings and technologies. A successful Consultant is regarded by clients as a trusted business advisor who collaborates to provide innovative solutions used to solve the most challenging business problems.
You will work on projects that help clients integrate strategy, process, technology, and information to increase effectiveness, reduce costs and improve profit and shareholder value. You can take advantage of opportunities to master new skills, work across different disciplines, move into new challenges and develop a robust understanding of different industries.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Execute regression test scripts within a Quality Assurance (QA) environment in a manual and automatic fashion to support scheduled and unscheduled releases
- Record test results within the applicable test tracking tool
- Review and load test plans into test tracking tool to validate functionality and requirements
- Review design and technical packages to ensure quality and the proper processes are followed
- Manage / Coordinate regression test events with program stakeholders
- Develop / Update / Maintain automated test scripts based on test plans submitted by the systems integrators
- Perform upgrade / maintenance tasks of a test tracking tool
- Perform analysis of, document, report, escalate, triage and resolve issues / defects / bugs found during regression testing
- Provide testing metrics to show progress of each regression test event
- Create, update, and maintain test strategy, standard operating procedures, processes, policies, etc. surrounding regression test
- Utilize WorkSoft technology to execute automated test scripts (CBTs)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 10 years of SAP Subject Matter Expert (SME) experience in one or more SAP functional/module area.
- Minimum of 3 years advanced experience in WorkSoft Certify and Tricentas Tosca automation technology.
- Ability to evaluate performance results and recommend major changes affecting short-term / long term project growth and success.
- Ability to translate requirements / user stories into in-depth test cases.
- Ability to define / develop data management strategy and plans.
- Strong cross functional collaboration skills with project functional teams to identify beneficial automation candidates.
- Technical expert across multiple project assignments in SAP, S/4 Hana, Fiori, CI/CD intergration and Agile concepts.
- • Experience in software development lifecycle surrounding requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, documentation, test (unit, functional, integration, regression, stress, and user acceptance), implementation, and post-production support of standard and custom business solutions supporting various SAP modules, such as ECC, BW, SCM, SRM in a Tier 3 environment.
- Must be a self-starter with an ability to work with limited oversight.
- Must be able to work with remote / global team successfully.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Math, Business or other related scientific or technical discipline. Two (2) years of demonstrated experience in QA/Regression testing of IT solutions may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Active Secret Clearance (must be clearable)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- US Navy project experience.
- DoD project experience.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented, and ability to troubleshoot issues and provide solutions.
- Shows initiative and goes above and beyond to assist others as needed.
- In-depth understanding of industry standards.