At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Data and AI invites applications for the role of Lead Product Manager to work from the Markham office (Canada) and own initiatives across our watsonx portfolio. This is a critical role that reaches across the Data and AI portfolio.
You are a Product Manager who has a history of successful product ownership and growth, or have experience in an adjacent role (development, technical sales). Your peers would say you are trusted to successfully weigh customer outcomes, business impacts, and functional tradeoffs. You communicate in a way that leaves them feeling respected, heard, and understood. At the same time, the product features, and experiences you deliver, are crafted with the customer front of mind.
You love being the leader of an informal team comprised of a large variety of IBM and Business Partner roles, guiding them towards reaching a common goal. You are eager to learn and extend your view about the market, competition, and products on a regular basis.
You’ll play a crucial role in supporting sales and marketing initiatives to drive revenue growth. Collaborating with cross-functional teams – including engineering, business development, sales, and marketing – you’ll position the IBM watsonx solutions in the broader context of key IBM initiatives and work with development partners inside and outside of IBM on creating outcome-based roadmaps and define or refine product strategies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, or a related field
- Track record of championing the voice of the customer, conducting customer-driven usability and hypothesis-driven experimentation
- Deep passion and curiosity, with a desire to create innovative solutions, backed by data-driven insights
- Experience driving product ownership and growth in one or more phases of the product development lifecycle
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and manage multiple stakeholder relationships, relying on influence rather than authority, establishing a shared product vision
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Prior Product Management experience in an Agile development environment, driving large product growth on a cloud focused platform or product with exposure to DevOps / GitOps solutions, AWS, Azure, GCP, and/or Kubernetes
- Knowledge about IBM Data and AI products, technology, and customers
- Background on data and AI strategy, concepts, key trends, and competitors