Senior Salesforce Technical Product Owner
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients’ business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Senior Salesforce Technical Product Owner at Octo, you will be responsible for the management of one of the largest Salesforce implementations, overseeing Salesforce Business Application Management, providing Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) guidance for multiple project deliveries. This role will provide technical guidance and execution on technology decisions with the various delivery teams. This includes directing, evaluating, and monitoring the progress of product development and facilitating discussions with various stakeholders and system integrators around business objectives, functionality, and product deployment.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The Digital Transformation Center (DTC) supports Veterans Affairs (VA) with onboarding and maintaining enterprise SaaS and PaaS solutions used to support the mission of serving our Veterans and their associated stakeholders. We are digitizing information and processes for improved implementation, leveraging modern tools and low code/no code for reusability and faster delivery.
- Work with a variety of stakeholders to gather requirements, manage implementation and drive delivery of a Salesforce project to include planning and facilitating requirements elaboration sessions, and documenting the output.
- Develop quarterly roadmaps and project plans for business initiatives.
- Own management and prioritization of the team backlog, delivering high-quality user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Serve as the liaison between the Sustainment workstream and the customer, gathering feedback to understand their processes and identify pain points/challenges.
- Support/lead as-is and to-be systems definition, user needs analysis, scope definition, and systems analysis activities across Salesforce Sustainment and Business Application Management projects.
- Work with and provide support to multi cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for conducting research and analysis of operational practices and deficiencies as part of Business Process Re-Engineering (BPR) initiatives and activities that drive Salesforce workstream development, consolidation and/or training solutions.
- Deliver high-quality requirements specifications in specified formats that enable ease-of-use for the intended audience/cross-functional team members
Years of Experience: 5+ years of Product Owner, Product Analyst, or Product Manager experience with the ability to take a project from inception to implementation. Must have Salesforce experience or desire to learn Salesforce.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or 4 years equivalent experience.
Location: Remote within the United States.
Clearance: Ability to obtain government clearance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of Product Owner, Product Analyst, or Product Manager experience.
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from inception to implementation.
- Proficiency in creating, prioritizing, and accepting epics and user stories.
- Exceptional communication skills with proven ability to effectively communicate the product vision, roadmap, and project requirements to stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to collect, interpret, and draw insights from various data sources to help make data-driven decisions.
- Experience depicting desired end state in a visual form/creating operational concept graphics, project plans, and timelines.
- Must possess excellent organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have Salesforce experience or desire to learn Salesforce.
- Passion for delivering powerful, easy-to-use products/services.
- Demonstrated commitment to team success.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, and proficiency using project management and collaboration tools (e.g., Jira, Confluence).
- Strong commitment to developing the team’s Agile skills and supporting effective team practices.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience working within a federal or government organization.
- Certified Product Owner/Product Manager is preferred.