Senior Full Stack Developer
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Senior Full Stack Developer with Octo, you will join an Agile program in support of the development of a new high priority, mission-critical application at the Transportation Security Administration. You are a cross-functional DevOps Engineer skilled in developing open source, cloud-ready, microservice based applications using serverless frameworks. You have a passion for high-quality, reliable, and maintainable code. You are comfortable working side by side with engineers, analysts, and customers to make decisions together and troubleshoot issues. You are agile, fearless, enthusiastic, empathic, and relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
You will be working on a high-profile program supporting mission-critical application development for the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). Your program will work with TSA executive leadership on strategy and implementation for technology innovation related to a mission-critical application that is being built from scratch, including the development and maintenance of a technology roadmap.
Years of Experience: 8+ years of relevant experience preferred
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust is required. Active TSA clearance strongly preferred.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience as full stack software engineer working in multiple languages
- Experience with programming and software development, to include analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, quality assurance, troubleshooting, and/or upgrading of software systems
- Experience architecting software solutions based on customer requirements
- Experience designing and implementing automated build and deployment pipelines and supporting platform
- Strong communication skills and interest in a pair-programming and test-driven development environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Working knowledge of management/tracking utilities such as JIRA/Confluence, a plus
- Experience working in a SAFe Agile environment and knowledge of Agile philosophies
- Able to clearly communicate and provide positive recommendation of improvements to existing software applications
- Understanding of the importance of clean code and integrated testing while following design best practices (data structure and design patterns)
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Working experience with CI/CD pipelines; including technologies such as Jenkins and Github
- Working knowledge of cloud services, such as AWS, Azure