A career in IBM Software means you’ll be part of a team that transforms our customers challenges into solutions.
Seeking new possibilities and always staying curious, we are a team dedicated to creating the world’s leading AI-powered, cloud-native software solutions for our customers. Our renowned legacy creates endless global opportunities for our IBMers, so the door is always open for those who want to grow their career.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of. This job will give you the opportunity to enhance the Data & AI products and solutions at IBM.
We are looking for seasoned professionals who are passionate about building data warehouse, data lake and data lakehouse products in a modern micro-service based architecture as a cloud and on-premise offerings running with tight security in orchestrated environments. The products & solutions are architected using modern technologies, and the team adopts a blend of agile and traditional methodologies to deliver with speed and quality.
As a Senior Development Engineer the job duties and responsibilities will span across all phases of software development. In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to scope the feature/product requirements and build Proof of Concept/Proof of Technology.
- Adopt open-source technologies and become an active member in the open-source communities.
- Devise an intuitive workflow with visual displays that meet the requirements.
- Architect the UI and REST API layer to build a responsive experience that works at scale for large data.
- Lead the code implementation with emphasis on good coding practices, high-quality standards, adopting agile methodologies.
- Communicate effectively to drive technical leadership & mentoring within teams, roadmap discussions with stakeholders, and successful engagement with customers.
- Engage with customers to ensure successful adoption of the console and the underlying database engines.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in designing, developing or testing robust products with unmatched quality goals
- Proficiency in designing and implementing RESTful APIs in Java or Golang
- Hand-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes/Openshift
- Experience with relational databases – SQL, database administration and monitoring
- Strong oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Clear, logical, analytical and methodical approach to problem-solving
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Track record of open source contributions.
- Familiarity with methodologies for improving Quality standards and automation.
- Familiarity with industry standards around security (HIPAA, GDPR, FIPS).
- Media skills to create content – videos, blogs, technical documentation.