At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Join a first-class software engineering product development team to design, code, test and deliver software supporting and enhancing one of IBM’s most successful enterprise-level cloud solutions using AI techniques and traditional software development methodologies.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will act as bridge between IT operations , DevOps , QA and Development team. Ensures a reliable system by solving, reporting and coordinating gaps. You will continuously improve upon by automating processes and building new SaaS solutions.
If you are passionate about cutting edge technology, and domain, in addition to the opportunity to be part of a fantastic team that is developing next generation digital business automation software, then this may be the opportunity for you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Source and project control (GitHub Enterprise, ZenHub, Jira) – hands-on
- Automation using Go, Python, C, C++, Ansible or Shell scripting
- Monitoring and logging tools (Nagios, QRadar, New Relic, sysdig, logDNA)
- Continuous Integration platforms (Jenkins, Terraform, TeamCity, Travis CI)
- Load balancing, geo routing, and proxying
- Networking – Firewalls and Load Balancing (Vyatta, StrongSwan)
- NoSQL databases, key-stores and other data-structure solutions (MongoDB, Redis)
- Virtual application and web servers (Apache, NGINX, WebSphere, IIS)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Deployment tools and processes, CI/CD Pipeline, Travis CI
- Hands on experience with micro services, Docker, Kubernetes or other cloud technologies
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process, including strong expertise building REST APIs