A career in IBM Software means you’ll be part of a team that transforms our customers challenges into solutions.
Seeking new possibilities and always staying curious, we are a team dedicated to creating the world’s leading AI-powered, cloud-native software solutions for our customers. Our renowned legacy creates endless global opportunities for our IBMers, so the door is always open for those who want to grow their career.
We are seeking a skilled back-end developer to join our IBM Software team. As part of our team, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining high-quality software products, working with a variety of technologies and programming languages.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Your main duties will include designing and implementing new features, optimizing and maintaining existing code, and ensuring the software meets high-quality standards through testing and debugging. You will also work closely with other developers, designers, and product managers to ensure the software meets user needs.
• Are experienced with client-server architectures, networking protocols, application development, and using databases.
• Have experience using and developing APIs.
• Understand user and system requirements
• Have an understanding of, or experience with, Agile development methodology.
What You’ll Do:
• You’ll work in a dynamic, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
• You’ll employ IBM’s Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
• Design and code servers, services, applications and databases that are reusable, scalable and meet critical architecture goals.
• Create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that are clean, well-documented, and easy to use.
• Create and configure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) applications. Design and implement large scale systems and Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) that enable continuous delivery.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
•Must have 10+ years of experience in one or more of the following technology areas: C++, C, Java, Python, Perl, SQL
• Experience working with servers, applications and databases
• Familiarity with APIs
• Basic knowledge of operating systems and how they work (i.e. Operating systems courses); Container technologies; Internet Services; and/or Managed Services
• Understanding of user and system requirements
• Have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Agile development methodology
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Containers, Kubernetes, Kafka, PostGres, Elastic Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP) Working knowledge of Redhat Openshift Platform