At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
With fast file transfer and streaming solutions, IBM Aspera software moves data of any size across any distance. IBM Aspera takes a different approach to tackling the challenges of big data movement over global WANs. Rather than optimize or accelerate data transfer, Aspera eliminates underlying bottlenecks using a breakthrough transport technology, fully utilizing available network bandwith to maximize speed and quickly scale up with no theoretical limit.
We are looking for a talented Core Backend Developer to join our Core Team.
In this position, you will develop and support the Core applications (Aspera High Speed Transfer Server, Proxy, Transfer SDK) with a focus on security, quality, scalability and performance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Min 3-5 years of experience
- Strong knowledge of C systems programing and experienced with standard Unix, Mac and Windows development environments and tools.
- Experience with Network protocols like UDP and TCP
- Troubleshooting complex product applications and deployments
- Proven experience building and troubleshooting highly robust, scalable software systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- C++, Java or Golang , Distributed systems, cloud infrastructure/Devops, REST API
- Specific experience building large-scale, distributed software platforms with specific knowledge of modern cloud storage platforms, APIs is a plus
- Experience with OpenSSL
- Experience in kernel-level network and file system programming desired
- Performance engineering