Senior Software Test Engineer
As a Test Specialist at IBM, your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the software we create. Come work in an agile environment where you will help each iteration reach the next level. Whether the testing is manual, automated, or cognitive, you hold a key role in releasing the best deliverables to IBM’ers and our clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Senior Software Test Engineer at Octo who possesses a deep understanding of Scrum and Agile practices, you will perform a range of quality assurance activities in support of the development of a new high priority, mission-critical application at the Transportation Security Administration. Testing of this application includes manual and automated functional, regression, integration, smoke, Section 508 compliance, and others as needed. You are comfortable working side by side along with other QA engineers, developers, product managers, designers, and customers, making decisions together to quickly deliver valuable working software that is free of defects and meets defined requirements.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, Agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
You will be working on a high-profile program supporting mission-critical application development for the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). Your team on the program will have a direct say with your participation in the design and implementation to a mission-critical applications starting at the design phase to include the development, implementation, and maintenance of a technology roadmap.
Years of Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience preferred
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust is required. Active TSA clearance strongly preferred.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Assess the completeness, traceability, and consistency of all interface requirements
- Develop manual testing scripts, test scenarios and test scripts
- Trace requirements to test cases to ensure coverage for full system integration test
- Ensure functional and technical requirements are met through system testing, regression testing, performance testing, system interface testing, and security testing activities
- Identify and define external operational and technical interface requirements
- Assist in gathering requirements and perform user demos and training.
- Conduct operational and performance tests to confirm functional requirements, user expectations, and performance specifications are met
- Demonstrate experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment with understanding of test concepts, methodologies and practices
- Experience with manual and performance testing tools and practices
- Experience with manual regression test scripts
- Experience in Agile methodologies with an emphasis on testing practice
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to take initiative on assigned projects/tasks and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead demos and trainings with stakeholders and team members.
- Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust is required
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Selenium, Jenkins, and Chef
- Experience with Junit, Nunit, Geb, Spock, Mockito, JMock, or other testing and mocking frameworks rather than large “Test Systems” like Load Runner.
- Experience with OS scripting like Windows Batch, Bash, Shell, etc. Includes similar scripting languages such as Python, Perl, or Ruby
Active TSA clearance strongly preferred.