At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Data Analyst with Octo, you will support an initiative within the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). This role will support efforts to transform an enterprise level environment by leveraging data and analytics to support strategic and tactical business decisions. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic and analytical professional that wants to help grow the business intelligence function within the program. The Data Analyst will be expected to analyze and create data sets from disparate data sources analyze and translate the results into non-technical insights for users to consume across the organization. The qualified candidate will have experience with supporting business, functional, and technical activities. They will have experience working with customers, users and project leads in analyzing, designing, implementing, and supporting analytics solutions. The initial efforts will be focused on Data Analysis and Business Intelligence reporting. Must have experience with Power BI.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The Digital Transformation Center (DTC) supports Veterans Affairs (VA) with onboarding and maintaining enterprise SaaS and PaaS solutions used to support the mission of serving our Veterans and their associated stakeholders. We are digitizing information and processes for improved implementation, leveraging modern tools and low code/no code for reusability and faster delivery.
- Research and develop data and statistical models for analysis.
- Analyze and model structured data using advanced statistical methods and implement algorithms and software needed to perform analyses.
- Collaborate with client to understand and recommend activities related to Analytics.
- Analyze data, data sets and create data sets.
- Analyze broad data sets and provides actionable insights to better inform business decisions.
- Develop and document overall data sourcing, data transformation and semantic layer designs.
- Develop ETL data flows between data sources as required to create data sets and perform analysis.
- Integrates and prepares large, varied datasets for analysis. Identify and assess data attributes using statistical software packages in order to develop recommendations and analytical processes based on mission requirements.
- Researches, develops, implements and utilizes statistical methods and strategies to address tactical and strategic problem sets, while working with a technical team.
- Interprets and analyzes data collected from a variety of sources using exploratory and statistical techniques, validating findings using an experimental and iterative approach.
Years of Experience: 5+ years of related experience data modeling, report/dashboard development using Power BI and other business intelligence tools.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of related experience.
Location: Remote within the United States.
Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years related experience in business intelligence and analytics performing increasingly complex data analysis and report/dashboard development.
- Must have at least 5-8 years of related experience data modeling, report/dashboard development using Power BI and other business intelligence tools.
- Proficiency querying PaaS data sources including Salesforce and D365/Azure environments.
- Experience working with unstructured, structured data including CSV, XML, SQL.
- Proven ability to analyze data sets, identify patterns and draw insights.
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing with client and team members. This will include experience documenting and presenting findings.
- Excellent analytical skills, organizational abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who works efficiently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain public trust clearance.
- Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Scrum and Agile methodology and processes.
- Experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs or other federal organizations.
- Prefer current Power BI certifications.