Senior Software Developer
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Our team containerize Db2 and develop micro-service solutions based on kubernetes architecture. This entire solution is based on Redhat OpenShift and we use cutting edge technologies, for example: Building customized Kubernetes resources with Operators, leveraging cloud native storage solutions like OCS (OpenShift Container Storage) and Portwox, and creating in-depth container security solutions with OpenShift SCC and SELiunx.
Our project is to modernize Db2 and Db2 warehouse to fully integrate with Cloudpak for Data and watsonx.data. These solutions are IBM’s main strategy to accelerate and transform clients’ business to an open, extensible data and AI platform that runs on any cloud.
As a software engineer in Db2 containerization team,
- You’ll work in an Agile, collaborative and fast-paced environment to integrate Db2 with IBM Cloudpak for Data.
- You’ll use kubernetes technologies like jobs, configmaps, secrets, statefulsets, PVs and PVCs to manage Db2 containers on OpenShift.
- You’ll join the team effort to enable Db2 operators in different phases (deployment, upgrades, full lifecycle, deep insignts and auto pilot)
- You’ll automate and optimize processes, using tools like Jenkins, Travis, and GitHub bots.
- You’ll design and implement tools for automated deployment and monitoring of multiple environments.
- You’ll troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test and production instances.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Who You Are:
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for ensuring scalable and highly-available products.
- You are a quick learner and are passionated on container and kubernetes technologies
- You have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You are great at solving problems; debugging; and designing & implementing solutions to complex technical problems.
- You are familiar with operating systems such as Linux and iOS.
- You have a good understanding of programming/scripting in a language such as Python, Golang and REST APIs.
- Must have strong programming and debugging skills and Linux knowledge
- Must enjoy learning new technologies especially in container and kubernetes domain
- Must be a team player with great problem solving and debugging skills
- Must be dedicated to get the job done on time
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understanding and experience with Cloud Technologies, Microservices Architecture
- Understanding and experience with Back End or Full Stack Development
- Understanding and experience with Containerization technologies including Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, RHOS, Operators.
- Understanding and experience with relational databases like Db2
- Understanding and experience with DevOps, Agile, and Design/Implementation within CI/CD and Secure Software Engineering Best Practices