Full Stack Developer
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Full Stack Developer with Octo, you will to add to our dynamic team supporting highly visible federal contracts and company initiatives. The right candidate will have hands on experience working at all tiers of an application. This person will have an engineering mindset, working proactively to find creative solutions to solve problems at scale. We are looking for developers with a passion for writing well-structured, testable code, that can be iteratively built and delivered at scale within an agile environment. Experience developing proof of concept, demonstrations of technology, and technical challenges is highly desired.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The Program Mission…
This program will support the General Services Administration’s Information Technology mission to provide development and operational support of new and existing legacy mission-enabling applications. The team will work to modernize current applications by breaking them down into loosely coupled micro-services and leveraging a continuous integration / continuous delivery pipeline to enable an agile DevOps Strategy.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree and 6+ years of experience or 7+ years of experience.
Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 6+ years overall experience in technology. Government consulting experience desired but not required
- Must be very fluent in writing clean, testable, well-structured Python code
- At least 6 years of experience working with Postgres in production environment, administrating the database instance, writing SQL queries / stored procedures, troubleshooting query performance issues, etc…
- Experience writing automated unit and integration tests
- Intermediate proficiency in either Java or Node.js
- Experience working in SRE /DevOps style environment
- Be a major player in all phases of the development lifecycle from user experience, design, architecture, development, testing, documentation, compliance, delivery, and maintenance.
- Work on sprint teams using agile, rapid development in environment using Continuous Integration and deployment techniques.
- Work independently and efficiently in high-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with AWS services such as S3, Cloudwatch, DynamoDB, RDS, MKS, Lambda, API Gateway
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, DataDog, and CI/CD pipelines
Experience with the following technologies:
- Docker and Kubernetes, EKS
- Experience with building REST APIs
- Experience with Bash/Shell scripting
- Familiarity with government security frameworks like FISMA
- Agile development methodology experience (SAFe, LESS, Extreme, etc.).