Senior Software Developer
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client’s organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Work location Chantilly, VA
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining software solutions for our company’s web applications.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
CDF is a computer software-solution that brokers and protects intelligence data transmitted between intelligence producers, warfighters, planners, and policy makers. As part of this project, you will be working to design, develop and deploy a capability that automates the process of generating digital policy documents called data sharing agreements (DSAs). These documents identify requirements needs to consume data on one end and identifies a system’s ability to meet those requirements on the other end. Our approach is to work both independently and as part of the team building and maintaining that specific capability.
- Lead and participate in the entire software development lifecycle from ideation to deployment.
- Collaborate with product owners, software architects, and other developers to design and implement new features and enhancements.
- Develop and maintain deployment automation scripts for web applications and related infrastructure.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, and updates across multiple environments.
- Optimize web application performance and security through efficient coding practices and implementation of best practices.
- Troubleshoot and debug web application issues and provide timely resolutions.
- Design and implement complex features and functionality using the latest web technologies.
- Develop and execute automated unit, integration, and acceptance tests to ensure code quality and protect against regressions.
- Identify, prioritize, and properly execute activities in the software development cycle.
- Take an active role in developing documentation of the software.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to peers and junior developers.
Mentor and guide junior developers on design patterns, development best practices, technical standards, and agile methodologiesYears of Experience: 15 years of experience or more.
Education: B.S in computer science/related field.
Location: Chantilly, VA. This is an onsite position with the ability for hybrid work dependent upon mission requirements and contract stipulations.
Clearance: DoD Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 15+ years of experience in web-based software development.
- Experience managing a team of Developers.
- Strong experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- 5+ years of experience in web application development using modern technologies such as React, Angular, Vue, or similar frameworks.
- Strong experience with deployment automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or similar tools.
- Experience with cloud/VM automated deployment using platforms such as AWS or Azure.
- Extensive experience with agile development tools such as JIRA, Trello, and Asana.
- Experience with code versioning tools such as Git.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Clearance: DoD Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise