As a Test Specialist at IBM, your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the software we create. Come work in an agile environment where you will help each iteration reach the next level. Whether the testing is manual, automated, or cognitive, you hold a key role in releasing the best deliverables to IBM’ers and our clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Software Tester at Octo, you will develop a deep understanding of your assigned application and related business process. you will perform a range of quality assurance activities in support of the applications within your program, including manual and automated functional front end and back end, regression, integration, smoke, Section 508 compliance, and others as needed. You are comfortable working side by side with engineers, designers, and customers, to make decisions together and troubleshoot issues. You have a passion for detail and are an excellent communicator. You are agile and curious and not afraid to identify what we are doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we are doing right so we can improve on it.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
You will be working on a high-profile data analytics program for the Department of Homeland of Security (DHS) maintaining and transforming mission critical applications. This program is the reporting system of record for asset management, Real property and facilities management, logistics, and sustainability business functions. In addition to data analytics tools, this program relies on business intelligence and geospatial tools.
Years of Experience: 3+ years of professional experience (see more under requirements).
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
Location: National Capital Region., (preferred)
Clearance: U.S. Citizenship required, ability to receive a DHS EOD
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in Federal Government software testing.
- Experience with both backend and frontend testing.
- Ability design and implement test approaches for new or existing applications.
- Ability to clearly communicate in a clear and concise manner, and to provide recommendations for improvements to existing software applications.
- Actively participate in Agile ceremonies such as stand ups, grooming, Sprint planning, retrospectives, and demos
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to take ownership of activities and work independently
- Clearance: U.S. Citizenship required, ability to receive a DHS EOD
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Familiarity with relational databases, ETL, and data visualization concepts.
- Experience with Oracle, Informatica, Tableau and ArcGIS.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence.
- Experience working with Department of Homeland Security.