Power Platform QA Tester
As a Test Specialist at IBM, your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the software we create. Come work in an agile environment where you will help each iteration reach the next level. Whether the testing is manual, automated, or cognitive, you hold a key role in releasing the best deliverables to IBM’ers and our clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Microsoft Power Platform/Dynamics QA Tester at Octo, you will join an Agile development program responsible for modernizing and maintaining operations for a suite of highly visible applications for a federal government agency. The PowerApps/Dynamics QA Tester is responsible for understanding, analyzing and testing solutions that meet the client’s needs and optimizing the use of the Microsoft Power Platform suite of technologies.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The Program Mission…
This program will support the agency’s Information Technology mission to provide development and operational support of new and existing legacy mission-enabling applications. The team will work to modernize current applications by modernizing them using the Microsoft Power Platform suite of technologies to include Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI.
Years of Experience: 3+ years of related experience. Education (1 or more years of college) may be substituted for 1 year of experience. Only 1 year of experience can be substituted
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Location: DC Metro Area
Clearance: U.S. Citizen/Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft technologies to include Dynamics 365 / CRM, Power Platform, Power Apps, Power BI, and Power Automate
- Experience testing software applications, including low-code / no-code solutions and Microsoft suite of Power Platform technologies
- Experience automating functional testing of low-code / no-code solutions including Power Apps Test Studio
- Ability to work closely with Stakeholders, Users, Business Analysts, Developers, and other team members to identify key business needs and areas of functionality
- Clearance: U.S. Citizen/Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Microsoft certifications related to Dynamics / PowerApps
- Experience developing Power Apps applications
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, capable of working effectively with cross-functional teams and federal stakeholders
- SAFe Agile and Certified Scrum Master Certifications