Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a user experience designer in IBM Automation, you will:
• Deliver, review and critique the UX Designs of a multi-skilled design team to ensure effective and rich designs (great interaction, supreme visual styling, consistent and appropriate use of voice and tone, etc)
• Work with UX Designers, visual designers, researchers and product managers to understand user’s needs and behaviours for the industries in which they work
• Participate in and lead lean UX activities (in person and remote) in an Agile environment such as user/design research, interviews and workshops
• Analyze and synthesize the findings; distilling the inherent complexity in the user’s experiences and identify the right problems to solve
• Translate findings into usable, useful, effective and efficient user experiences
• Clearly and quickly deliver ideas to cross-functional teams
• Provide information verbally and visually through low and mid-fidelity renderings (starting with paper and pencil/whiteboard) and clickable prototypes
• Test and validate working hypothesis with users through usability testing of wireframes, clickable prototypes and published product, and participate in design critique
• Work with Visual Designers and Developers to bring concepts to life while maintaining UX best practices
• Work on quality assurance to address any issues
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
•Experience in user experience design role and performing the design activities to deliver successful outcomes for software, web, or mobile delivery.
• Strong portfolio of work demonstrating Design Thinking, design process, and solutions for web and mobile applications.
• Ability to take rough technical information and make it understandable and well presented.
• Ability to clearly communicate a design through storytelling that helps the audience develop empathy for the user, and clarity on what the user experience of the software will be.
• Ability to create designs at a variety of fidelity levels and understanding of the most appropriate techniques to gather the most useful feedback at different stages in the process.
• Experience designing and delivering for accessibility
• Experience of software tools for design, production, and implementation, such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience working with enterprise software.
• Data visualization skills.
• Experience of HTML and CSS is also beneficial.