At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a skilled backend/full stack developer to join our Content Service development team in IBM Software. As part of our team, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining high quality software products, working with a variety of technologies and programming languages.
Your main duties will include designing and implementing new features, optimizing, and maintaining existing code, and ensuring the software meets high-quality standards through testing and debugging. You will also work closely with other developers, designers, and product managers to ensure the software meets user needs.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Works in an agile, collaborative environment across software architecture, understanding both front end and back-end concerns, while specializing in the backend.
· Expertise working with Java EE application server technology like IBM WebSphere Application Server, both traditional and Liberty profile.
· Works with client server architectures, networking protocols, application development, and databases. Uses and develops RESTful APIs, GraphQL APIs, and web services.
· Understands user and system requirements. Develops using object-oriented programming, multi-threading, and concurrency. Plans, analyzes, designs, and constructs database. Implements industry standards and best practices for database security and capable of analyzing and defining database and information security requirements.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in docker container and Kubernetes orchestration platform
- Understanding of OIDC/OAuth authentication
- Understanding of LDAP/SCIM