Senior Software Development Engineer, Customer Solutions
At , work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Apptio, an IBM company, is the leading technology spend and value management software provider. Its AI-powered data insights empower leaders to make smarter financial and operational decisions. A pioneer and category leader in Technology Business Management (TBM) and FinOps, Apptio works with thousands of customers, partners, and community members worldwide. Visit www.apptio.com.
You: Candidates for this job love to problem solve. They have advanced in their technical career to become an expert in a discipline or product. They look forward to the next set of complex challenges. They are unwavering in desire to deliver for customers and always live customer first.
Us: As an overarching team supporting all of Apptio, Customer Engineering focuses on delivering complex services and solutions both internally and externally with a hyper focus on the customer experience.
Help us create our market-defining SaaS enterprise applications! This is a unique role that requires a solid balance of strong technical TBM skills and good business acumen. This role requires the ability to work directly with customers, presales, engineering, and the Apptio customer success team. The right candidate should be able to listen to business requirements and use cases and be able to distill those into TBM solutions. In this job you will need to –
Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, cross-functional, agile environment.
Work with presales and customer success to architect solutions using the Apptio TBM toolset.
Work with customers and customer success as a consultant to analyze complex performance issues and consult on solutions to those issues.
Passion, energy and the desire to work with complex cool software.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver technical architecture blueprints.
- Prior experience presenting in large-scale forums technical enablement.
- Collaborative work style; effective communication; cross-functional teamwork.
- Experience in complex TBM implementations.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Travel both within the US and abroad up to 50% of the time.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in Apptio TBM experience in directly providing customer solutions.
- Domain experience with enterprise IT.
- Domain experience with financial planning or other similar business applications.
- Prior experience working with complex Apptio Product Suite.
- Experience integrating and extending APIs.
- Linux or Unix scripting experience.