Software Engineering Manager
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Software Manager and Engineer you will lead and contribute to the core components that IBM’s products are built on-top of, you will work with observability, automation, reliability, answering questions with data, and delivering scalable solutions for the right problem. Working on continuous integration, agile, and DevOps model.
You will be own the Continuous Integration and Operations of the products you own and spend about half of your time on coaching and supporting teams to deliver on objectives and coordinate with stakeholders across the organization.
– You will directly manage 5-9 developers and lead them to design and deliver impactful and valuable platform features across our Coudability product and help operate the Coudability product suite and help scale our platform to support our growing engineering community and customer base.
– You will partner with product managers, designers, and other engineering leaders to build/refine the product roadmap and establish engineering goals.
– You will collaborate with the leadership team to continuously manage trade-offs between scope, resources and time during the development lifecycle.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Solid software engineering experience.
* Strong experience as a software engineering manager.
* Experience releasing software in an agile, CI, and DevOps environment.
* Experience in Linux/Unix environments.
* DevOps and Operational Experiences.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Software development experience in OOP (e.g.: Java), Python, SQL, and AWS.
* Experience tuning performance and scalability of containerized (e.g.: Docker), cloud-based applications (e.g.: AWS, Azure, Googla Cloud Platform).
* Experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g.: Terraform, CloudFormation).
* Familiarity with RESTful systems and their APIs.
* Experience in operating a production system at scale, maintaining security compliance, and using telemetry and observability to drive action.
* Solid design and architecture skills. Can participate in code reviews and assess coding skills when hiring engineering talent. Is “in the code” but does not need to personally write production code.
* Experience of planning, executing, and delivering projects with multiple engineers in an agile environment.
* Experience contributing to a product user experience both as a leader and as an individual contributor.
* Experience in collaborating with Product, Design, and other cross-functional partners to create a meaningful vision and roadmap for the team.
* Experience with process-oriented, multi-user features (enterprise is ideal).
* Experience and/or passion around solving problems for the business user through productivity applications.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills