Entry Level - DevOps Developer
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world’s most complex problems – there is no better place to grow your career!
Entry-Level DevOps Engineers work at the intersection of Development and Operations; building, deploying, and operating a variety of systems.
What You’ll Do:
• You’ll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to build, deploy, configure, and maintain systems, which may include software installations, updates, and core services.
• You’ll pair with development teams to enable a continuous integration environment that sustains high productivity levels and emphasizes defect prevention techniques.
• You’ll automate and optimize processes, using tools like Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Gradle, Chef, Puppet, Docker, and UrbanCode.
• You’ll design and implement tools for automated deployment and monitoring of multiple environments.
• You’ll troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test and production instances.
Who You Are:
• You are highly motivated and have a passion for ensuring scalable and highly-available products.
• You have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
• You are great at solving problems; debugging; and designing & implementing solutions to complex technical problems.
• You are familiar with operating systems such as Linux, Windows, iOS and Android.
• You have a basic understanding of programming/scripting in a language such as Java, Bash, Python, or Ruby.
• You have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Design Thinking Methodology
• You have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Agile Development Methodology
Entry-Level DevOps Engineers are in demand across IBM’s growth areas.
You’ll be matched to a development team in one of IBM’s growing strategic business areas, based on location and fit.
Must be eligible/legally entitled to work in Canada
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have basic knowledge in one of the following technology areas : Java, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Gradle, Chef, Puppet, Docker, UrbanCode, Bash, Python, or Ruby
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
– Willing to travel up to 10%
– Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree