IT Specialist - NGBT Software
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role involves the install and support of NGBT software at Canadian Financial sector clients in support of their currency management environment. Working in close collaboration with the TLS Canada Remote Support team, this resource will develop client-specific code customizations, perform code analysis to diagnose issues within the client environment, and team with Sales/Solution Design to drive renewals and growth opportunities in the sector.
Tasks to accomplish this include:
- Working in concert with the Remote Technical Support team to address technical issues in the client environments
- Working with software and hardware vendors in creating patches and customizations for IBM Canada clients.
- Maintaining skills in new vendor offerings and product versions
- Working with Solution Design team to create and cost client proposals for existing install base and new opportunities
- Understanding NGBT support processes and cultivating relationship with engineering team
- Reading trace files to diagnose client-reported problem descriptions
- Recreating client environments in IBM test lab
- Updating software configuration based on customer requirements
- Providing code changes based on customer requirements
- Building minor hotfixes/patches and working with client to implement in production environment
- Assisting with the training of client staff and creation of user documentation as required
- Working with TCR manufacturers to provide and maintain CDF (currency definition files) patches for our clients as currency changes occur.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Expert ProAKT knowledge with at least 5 years of experience customizing, deploying, and supporting TCR’s in a production environment at a Financial Institution
- Understanding of Python and C/C++
- Ability to use GIT source control and manage issues in Redmine.
- Problem management skills and ability to navigate client escalations and critical situations
- Strong communications skills and comfortable in clearly gathering and articulating technical solutions with clients.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
– Coaching/mentoring skills