Full Stack Data Engineer
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Full Stack Data Engineer with Octo, you will add to our dynamic team supporting highly visible federal contracts and company initiatives. The right candidate will have hands on experience working at all tiers of an application and supporting multiple information retrieval systems to building data driven products. You will be passionate about discovering hidden secrets in piles of data and have an engineering mindset to build new products or improve existing ones based on that insight.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The Program Mission…
This program will support the General Services Administration’s Information Technology mission to provide development and operational support of new and existing legacy mission-enabling applications. The team is leveraging data to improve user experience of our platform, some of the things you will be working include:
– Improve product recommendations for an eCommerce site
– Improve search relevance through analysis of existing searching patterns, adjusting synonyms and identifying gaps in performance
– Improve algorithms that detect duplicate / similar products and services
– Write algorithms to leverage clickstream data to create a more personalized user experience
– Leverage NLP to perform entity extraction of information from unstructured data
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- ~10 years of overall experience in technology. Government consulting experience desired but not required
- Natural curiosity about data, ability to iterate through difficult and ambiguous problems
- Must be very fluent in writing clean, testable, well-structured Python code and unit tests
- Should have at least intermediate proficiency with Java
Should have at least a few years of production experience with:
- Flask or Django
- Sci-kit learn
- 5+ years working with SQL to extract / transform data
- 5+ years working with Elasticsearch or Solr
- 5+ years working with Linux and writing Shell scripts
- 5+ years supporting python services on Linux servers
- 5+ years building and operating REST APIs
- Experience working in SRE / DevOps style environment
- Work on sprint teams using agile, rapid development in environment using Continuous Integration and deployment techniques.
- Work independently and efficiently in high-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Intermediate proficiency in Perl
· Previous experience with any of the following technologies:
| || || |
- Experience with building and deploying AI/ML models including neural networks
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, DataDog, and CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with government security frameworks like FISMA
- Agile development methodology experience (SAFe, LESS, Extreme, etc.).