Ready to re-imagine the product management role? At IBM, as a Product Manager, you are responsible for the full lifecycle of an offering: from validating need to determining the business model and defining the solution requirements. Going beyond the traditional focus of timetables and budgets, you use your keen insights into what customers want in their own business plan – and work across disciplines to build the best solutions to a problem. If being the CEO of your offering excites you, consider an offering management career at IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Product Managers deliver business results by bringing high-quality products to market while continuously innovating to achieve market leadership. Product Managers operate in a demanding role at the epicenter of multidisciplinary teams which include design, engineering, sales, tech sales, marketing, finance, and legal. In this role, you’ll play a role in product planning and execution through the product life cycle. This includes gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, competitive differentiation, defining vision, working closely with multidisciplinary teams to ensure market success for the product and customer satisfaction. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals. This role requires collaboration and coordination across internal and external teams and is visible across the organization.
• Define product requirements for integration (iPaaS) and API markets working with product leaders
• Develop and execute outcome based roadmaps, business models and go to market plans.
• Define pricing, packaging, and positioning and measure key performance indicators (KPIs).
• Manage product life cycle from requirements prioritization and planning to tactical execution.
• Work with cross functional, three-in-box, teams to progress plans from design to delivery.
• Support technical sales in pre-sales customer engagements to help advance deals where deeper technical product/market knowledge is required.
• Work with customers to understand pain points, discuss enhancement requests, evangelize product capabilities, and engage various disciplines to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Create and deliver customer facing activities including delivery of blogs and live demos on new capabilities.
• Conduct market research across functions and vertical domains
• Work with product management leadership and sales leadership to understand and track the health and adoption of product and gather feedback.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to synthesize complex technical topics into simple to understand stories based on outcomes & customer value.
• Ability to translate feedback into user requirements.
• Ability to influence cross-functional teams to achieve objectives.
• Ability to work with development teams and lead small teams.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• At least 1 years of experience in Product Management in IT industry or comparable role.
• At least 1 years of experience working directly with customers or business partners.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• At least 2 years of experience in Product Management in IT industry or comparable role.
• Experience with building products delivered as SaaS (Software as a Service).
• Data analysis of usage instrumentation in SaaS offerings
• Technical experience working with Integration technologies.