At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Data and AI seeks a Product Manager to join our US-based watsonx team. In this role, you will be responsible for shaping the future of data and AI technology through the development and execution of our product roadmap, working to accelerate the adoption and usage of our products. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to gather customer feedback, identify market opportunities, and develop innovative solutions.
– Understand customer needs and market trends to prioritize requirements alongside other product owners and deliver outcome-based roadmaps
– Stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices
– Work with engineering, business development, sales, and marketing to bring products to market
– Develop innovative solutions that solve customer problems
– Contribute to the product lifecycle from discovery to launch
– Track product performance and metrics
– Act as a technical evangelist for our data integration product portfolio, driving both internal and external education and engagement
– Work with clients, partners, and our sales force to market, sell and deploy our solutions.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, or a related field
– 6 to 10 years of experience in product management, preferably in the data and AI space.
– Track record of success in customer-driven product development
– Passion for data-driven insights and innovation
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Deep understanding of AI, foundation models, and related technologies is a plus
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, or a related field
– Background on data and AI strategy, concepts, key trends, and competitors
– Some product management experience driving growth for data and AI solutions
– Knowledge about IBM Data and AI products, technology, and customers