Senior Backend Developer
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Back End developer, you will contribute on an exceptional Hub Engineering team. You will work in a Kubernetes based micro services environment to support our leading edge cloud services. You will also be contributing to our continuous improvement and continuous delivery while increasing maturity of Back End development and agile adoption practices.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there’s no limit to what you can accomplish here.
-Adopt to the given technology to meet the drift of customer and business requirements
-Establish and improve CI/CD pipelines for the product releases to ensure continous delivery
-Collaborate with the development squads.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
– Main language: golang / go (3+ years).
– 7+ years professional experience building backend services (java, python, golang).
– Microservice architectures with REST or gRPC APIs.
– Experience with message based systems Kafka and/or RabbitMQ.
– Experience building systems with relational databases (postgresDB).
– Experience working in a highly collaborative environment.
– Experience using version control systems like Git and GitHub.
– Experience building performant, scalable Back End solutions using Golang and Python.
– Experience with microservice architectures around message buses like Kafka.
– Experience in working with testing libraries.
– Experience in following a testing methodology, such as TDD.
– Experience in converting design prototypes to code implementation.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
-Familiarity with shell scripting, Linux commands and Linux operating system.
-Knowledge and Experience in Openstack, OpenShift is a plus.
-Good understanding of the browser environment.
-Familiarity with docker and containerized applications.
– Knowledge and Experience working with D3js.
-Experience working with Kubernetes environments.
-Familiarity with consuming GraphQL APIs and RESTful APIs.
-Knowledge and Experience in working with TypeScript.
-Knowledge and Experience in a statically typed language (Java, Golang) is a plus.