Senior Outbound Product Manager
A career in IBM Software means you’ll be part of a team that transforms our customers’ challenges into industry-leading solutions.
We are an infinitely curious team, always seeking new possibilities, and dedicated to creating the world’s leading AI-powered, cloud-native software solutions. Our renowned legacy creates endless global opportunities for our network of IBMers. We are a team of deep product experts, ensuring exceptional client experiences, with a focus on delivery, excellence, and obsession over customer outcomes.
IBM’s product and technology landscape includes Research, Software, and Infrastructure. Entering this domain positions you at the heart of IBM, where growth and innovation thrive.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is looking for an Outbound Product Manager to drive greater adoption and market success for IBM Hybrid Cloud Mesh and related SaaS offerings.
An ideal candidate would be entrepreneurial, adaptable, analytical, persuasive, empathetic, tenacious, and creative problem solver, who is exposed to, and is well versed in, both business and technology concepts.
We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically. When considering applicants for this role, we look for education and background in areas such as innovation, entrepreneurship, engineering, computer science, market/user research, technology commercialization, business, and go-to-market practices.
In this role, you will play a central role in the product management organization and our go-to-market strategy and execution.
You will be doing product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with Strategy, Engineering, Sales, Marketing and Support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product supports the IBM’s overall strategy and goals.
The Product Manager in this role must have the experience and the ability to:
- Be the voice of the customers
- Perform Market, Customer and Product research to bring understanding of market segments we compete in, the buyers we sell to, the clients we service, the influencers we engage with, and the competitors we face
- Perform Market Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning activities. Translating technical capabilities into understandable and compelling stories.
- Perform users research (discovery), customer validation, and analyze competitive landscape
- Work across Product Management and Development to drive the successful delivery of SaaS product launches
- Develop Messaging, Sales & marketing contents to support our GTM efforts
- Develop and execute Sales Enablement plans
- Work with Customer Success Teams to drive Product Adoption
- Team with internal and external partners to increase market reach and solution value
- Establish goals and review metrics to plan and deliver success, and then measure (everything)
- Work with Product teams and leadership to drive market feedback into product roadmap evolution
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8+ years of product management with at least 3 years in outbound functions (go-to-market and product marketing)
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads; multiple tasks in a highly matrixed, dynamic environment, with a penchant for delivering on time with close attention to quality
- Experience conducting primary and secondary research
- Proven ability to synthesize complex issues and solutions into simple stories
- Attention to details, ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion in an iterative way
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Continuous improvement mindset with a focus on optimizing processes and driving efficiency
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in Outbound product management and product marketing
- Experience with Enterprise Networking, Cloud Networking, Data Center, and network infrastructure technologies
- Experience with successful SaaS products
- Working knowledge of IBM internal Product Management processes