2024 Entry Level: SaaS DevOps Engineer (Lowell,MA)
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Start dates for this position are January 2024 and later.
The position is IBM US Office-based in Lowell, MA.
We are looking for a highly self-motivated DevOps Engineer to join our team and develop software systems and automated solutions for operational aspects in an organization. This includes responsibilities of monitoring large scale computer applications, building alerts for various operational issues that computer systems can experience, automating the mitigation steps to resolve the alerts, recommendations & requirements to application development team to mitigate from occurrence of alert conditions, etc
- Contribute to the maintenance and support of production systems as necessary
- Troubleshooting of exceptions, performance issues and latencies / errors across multiple technologies.
- Debugging of the code issues based on web service and API responses, errors, events, logs, etc.
- Automate the critical jobs across the entire platform to minimize manual errors and human intervention
- Documentation of run books, incident response, post-mortem reports, RCA, etc. with clear mitigation steps and action items
- Implementation of effective monitoring for all the events and logs with right alerting / escalations for the critical alerts
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proficient in Linux, scripting, command-line tools, and general system debugging
- Understanding of Cloud Technologies, Microservices Architecture
- Knowledge/Hands on with Docker, Kubernetes, and CI/CD tools
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Have an enthusiastic, go-for-it attitude
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Masters Degree, PHD.