Senior Salesforce DevOps Engineer
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Senior Salesforce DevOps Engineer at Octo, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting an internal Continuous Integration System and associated for the Department of Veterans Affairs. Another name for this role could be “Product Platform Engineer”
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The Digital Transformation Center (DTC) supports Veterans Affairs (VA) with onboarding and maintaining enterprise SaaS and PaaS solutions used to support the mission of serving our Veterans and their associated stakeholders. We are digitizing information and processes for improved implementation, leveraging modern tools and low code/no code for reusability and faster delivery.
- Support the refinement of processes related to continuous delivery of Salesforce products by defining and developing automation of Salesforce releases
- Create, extend, and maintain both code and configuration of Salesforce continuous integration solutions and functionality.
- Partner with development teams to ensure agile software delivery and DevOps practices are applied
- Develop and maintain CI/CD scripts and associated processes throughout a Salesforce pipeline in GitHub Actions
- Collaboration in code reviews, agile ceremonies like retrospectives, daily standups, and sprint planning, pair programming, and MVP strategy and operations
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Coordinate with program and project leaders to analyze processes and technologies being utilized on the projects.
- Maintain the integrity of services integrated with our cloud environments, including proprietary in-house systems and external integrations.
Years of Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or other technical discipline required, OR a minimum of 8 years equivalent work experience.
Location: Remote within the United States.
Clearance: Ability to obtain government clearance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical discipline required, OR a minimum of 8 years equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years working with DevOps/release management with an understanding of CI/CD processes, integration concepts
- Troubleshooting errors associated with package deployments, scratch org creation, and Salesforce DX CLI
- Experience in Salesforce APIs, Metadata, SOQL, and SOSL is ideal.
- Fluency with scripting and tooling with one of the following: PowerShell and/or Bash Scripting, Salesforce DX, Salesforce CLI, Salesforce Apex, Salesforce LWC
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Must be able to obtain a government security clearance.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable internet service that allows for effective telecommuting.
- Clearance: Ability to obtain government clearance.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Github Actions.
- Pester testing and mocking framework.
- Experience in Quality Assurance Automation.
- Salesforce packaging 2.0.