Technical Product Manager, Incubation
A career in IBM Research means you’ll be part of a team that transforms our customers’ challenges into industry-leading solutions.
We are an infinitely curious team, always seeking new possibilities, and dedicated to creating the world’s leading AI-powered, cloud-native software solutions. Our renowned legacy creates endless global opportunities for our network of IBMers. We are a team of deep product experts, ensuring exceptional client experiences, with a focus on delivery, excellence, and obsession over customer outcomes.
IBM’s product and technology landscape includes Research, Software, and Infrastructure. Entering this domain positions you at the heart of IBM, where growth and innovation thrive.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As member of the Research Incubation team, you will be contributing to converting generative AI research into tangible artifacts that are delivered into product in order to drive value for end users. In this role, you will be responsible for defining user-facing APIs and SDKs that cater to user needs and delivering a differentiating developer experience.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5 years of Product Management experience, with a focus on developer-centric products.
- Proven experience managing products externalized via APIs or SDKs. Strong technical fluency, enabling effective communication with developers and understanding of their needs.
- Demonstrated experience advocating for user needs and conducting product discovery including primary user research.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to adapt messaging based on audience’s technical fluency.
- Ability to drive cross-functional collaboration, working closely with stakeholders across multiple organizations.
- Ability and willingness to stay up-to-date on the latest technical developments in AI/ML.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Background in AI/ML research or product management.
- Background in Software Engineering and API development.