Product Manager - Trade Finance
Ready to re-imagine the product management role? At IBM, as a Product Manager, you are responsible for the full lifecycle of an offering: from validating need to determining the business model and defining the solution requirements. Going beyond the traditional focus of timetables and budgets, you use your keen insights into what customers want in their own business plan – and work across disciplines to build the best solutions to a problem. If being the CEO of your offering excites you, consider an offering management career at IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Support IBM Sales and work extensively with clients to understand their business and functional requirements within their respective Trade Finance businesses
- Work with ISV’s to understand ISV capabilities, assess their relevance to a client’s needs, assess the underlying technology footprint and be able to conduct a fit-gap analysis with the client and ISV
- Develop a partnership strategy to accelerate the ISV’s build strategy with IBM Cloud as well as develop a hypothesis on how the ISV will grow with IBM Cloud
- Develop a revenue plan for IBM Cloud on a quarter-by-quarter basis working closely with the client and respective ISV’s who are part of the proposed solution
- Lead any required PoC’s / Pilots with the ISV’s and clients to accelerate client’s and ISV’s commitment to IBM Cloud.
- Collaborate extensively with IBM Sales and Ecosystem organizations to drive closure on contracting
- Collaborate with Expert Labs, Consulting or GSI partners to ensure operationalization of the Trade Solution
- Collaborate with IBM Consulting or MSP to ensure customer success.
- In this role, you will be responsible for helping drive revenue for IBM Cloud as it relates to progressing client opportunities and ISV Partnerships.
- In this role, you will need to have a firm grasp of IBM cloud technologies and services with a strong consultative background in areas such as modernizing mission critical workloads, cloud platform engineering, DevSecOps transformation, operating model transformation, Data/AI, and sustainability software.
- You should be able to build confidence with ISV partners independently and be able to deliver IBM’s point of view to clients.
- You will support client hybrid cloud strategy sessions with the purpose of solving customer problems that leverage IBM Cloud and ISV’s running on IBM Cloud.
- Create re-usable “assets” such as Point of Views, presentation materials, whitepapers etc that are re-used on other business development opportunities.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Understanding of Trade domain and ecosystem relevant to Trade business
• Cloud technology / cloud solutions
• Hardware / software technology
• Contemporary consultative skills
• Strategic thinking
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills at a C-level as well as technical leadership with clients
• Thrive in a highly-matrixed global organization
• Proven experience contributing to complex client solutions delivery
• Ability to proactively identify issues and provide solutions, and remove roadblocks
• Expertise and experience to win the trust of the client teams we work with and to become their Trusted Advisor
• Financial Services background and or experience
• Prior experience working with ISV partners
• Some knowledge of IBM products and services