Engineering Manager, Overheard Systems
Kion Group AG
In addition, you will be responsible for the technical and administrative leadership of a team of engineers, with three focused goals of:
1. Building the initial COE Team in the new global hub
2. Developing the team to achieve productive deliverables to support fulfillment of global customer requirements.
3. Driving continuous improvement of the team.
What we offer:
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
Dematic provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Final compensation will be determined by various factors such as work location, education, experience, knowledge, and skills.
Tasks and Qualifications:
This is what you will be doing:
- Provide line management to a team of COE engineers who will undertake the design and remotely support implementation of materials handling products related to Overhead systems and solutions.
- To work with the global stakeholders and accurately forecast future resource demands and competencies for effective and seamless execution of global projects.
- Responsible for OHS System design in adherence to global installation standards either with global standard products and/or re-designing to suit customer’s requirement.
- Focus on adoption of best practice and design re-use / re-application.
- Ensure systems designed and supplied are compliant with applicable codes and standards.
- Successfully deliver controls design solutions in line with performance KPIs for quality, on-time delivery, and cost.
- Perform all design activities for delivery of a Dematic customer project, including leading a team of engineers through the tasks required for projects.
- Define shareable work packages together with business partners
- Define regular workload forecast including planned remote work
- Create Training curriculum for remote COE engineers
- Support Finance Business Partners on the PO / invoice process
- Guide the team for deliverable management
- Lead reviewing, checking and approval of documents (like drawings, calculations, bill of material, time sheets etc.)
- Focus on superior deliverables management including ensuring a right first-time approach and a high degree of First Pass Yield
- Liaise with Company product centers at a technical level to ensure full product understanding and correct application.
- Ensure that engineers meet project budgets, company expectations and deadlines, through regular review and monitoring, skill management, technical mentoring, coaching, identifying training needs etc.
- Review and confirm project solution and design hours estimates (in consultation with the Regional Engineering Managers)
- Develop competency & capability roadmap for the Remote COE Team in line with the global project requirements and the organization’s M-V-P. Drive execution of the above roadmap with phased targets and milestones
- Assist with hiring, onboarding and development of new hires
- Deliver continuous process improvements in efficiency of the department
- Travel up to 10-15% as needed/required for training, learning, and global collaboration.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor of Science in engineering (Electronics & Telecommunication, Instrumentation, Electrical or Computer Science Engineering) or equivalent
- Post-Graduation in Engineering (MS / ME / M. Tech)
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5+ years experience in Engineering Management
- 5+ years experience of working in a Global Hub / Center of Excellence / Tech Centers as people managers / in supervisory positions
- 8+ years proven experience of mechanical or controls design activities under relevant industry domains like Warehouse Automation, Intra-Logistics Automation, Material Handling Systems etc. or similar industries
- Overall 10+ years of industrial experience
- Hands-on skills on Control Systems detailed designing of different systems viz. PLC, System Architecture, Conveying systems, Autonomous material handling products, Material handling cranes, etc.
- In-depth experience in use of 2D & 3D tools for detailed designing, manufacturing / shop drawings, layout drawings for the systems, system optimization, etc.
- Experienced in Overhead Systems · Experienced in the use of CAD tools (AutoCAD, EPLAN)
- Advanced understanding of PLCs (Siemens, Beckhoff)
- Advanced understanding of fieldbus systems and I/O equipment, e.g., Profibus, Profinet, ASi, TCP/IP
- Advanced understanding of other controls automation related equipment, e.g., Bar code scanners, HMIs, Variable frequency drives
- Hands on experience in SAP Bill of Material Management
- Understand / Develop and Produce, Health and Safety Design Risk Assessments for Automated solutions in accordance to relevant standards · Proficient customer-facing skills
- Well versed in global environment including North America & EMEA and adept in cross cultural team functioning
- Be conversant with MS Office Tools, Power BI, JIRA etc.
- Demonstrates KION Core Values of Integrity, Courage, Collaboration and Excellence.
- Exhibits people-focused behaviors on taking responsibility, embracing change, and fostering communication.
- Exhibits business-focused behaviors of understanding business and customers, delivering solutions, and driving results.
- Good communicator and must have a good command over English - written and verbal