Mobile Multi Skilled Engineer - Controls Bias
Kion Group AG
Dematic has an excellent opportunity for a Mobile Multi-Skilled Engineer to join our engineering team on a permanent basis. The role forms part of a wider mobile engineering team who are collectively responsible for undertaking and providing breakdown cover for Dematic installed equipment across various customer sites in the UK.
The position will also support the occasional scheduled service work with a distinct focus on control systems including Siemens S7 along with distributed control systems, drives and scanners. We are seeking those with a bias in controls but also a multi-skilled engineering background in mechanical and electrical-related disciplines.
Due to the mobile nature of the position, you will be travelling out to various customer sites across the UK on a regular basis and providing call-out support for emergency breakdowns. To support this, we provide a company van in addition to all the tools and equipment required to carry out the role.
What we offer:
- Career Development
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Pay Transparency
- Global Opportunities
Learn More Here: https://www.dematic.com/en-us/about/careers/what-we-offer/
Tasks and Qualifications:
- To undertake scheduled repairs in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations and industry standard practices
- To undertake emergency repairs in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations and industry standard practices
- To undertake occasional scheduled service work in accordance with the standards set out in the relevant manufacturer’s equipment manual.
- To accurately record all work undertaken
- To provide a 24hr x 7day emergency on-call service as required
- To comply with Health & Safety legislation at all times
- To ensure the quality of output at all times
- To represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- To ensure the correct equipment/tools are carried to undertake the role
- To adhere to the Quality processes and procedures as set out by the company.
- To identify continuous improvement and sales opportunities
Qualifications & Experience:
- Ideally 5 years of experience within the warehouse automated industry. However, we will also consider those from related engineering environments such as Aerospace, Automotive, FMCG and Manufacturing.
- Minimum HNC / HND (or equivalent) qualification in electrical/electronic discipline.
- Good understanding of control systems and techniques especially Siemens S7 along with Distributed Control Systems/Drives and Scanners.
- LEEA Part 1 is desirable.
- Working knowledge of LOLER regulations.
- Working knowledge of FEM and BS standards governing the automated warehouse industry.
- Full UK Driving Licence due to the travel requirements of the position.