Systems Integration Engineer
Kion Group AG
You will demonstrate a deep understanding of the customer's business operation, workflows, and data requirements.
What we offer:
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
Learn More Here: https://www.dematic.com/en-us/about/careers/what-we-offer/
Life At Dematic:
For over 200 years, Dematic has been a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software, and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 10,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium, and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Tasks and Qualifications:
- The SIM provides the "voice of Engineering" to Solutions Development team to optimize automation solutions pre-sale, reviewing and providing input on the solution and acceptance testing language.
- Supporting Simulation team by providing technical advice, reviewing, and approving simulation output and report in alignment with SD and Sales; anticipating the impact of any deviations from established parameters; providing early awareness to customer of their responsibilities that influence system performance.
- Generate System Specification for the customer approval and understanding of the system.
- Defining and leading integration strategy during all phases of project, from Solutions through Execution.
- Ensuring that the System Specification, Software Functional Specification, acceptance test plan, and mechanical and controls deliverables are aligned to contractual requirements, interfaces and nomenclature is consistent, and that the system will meet expected throughput.
- In collaboration with Test Manager, leading completion of site-wide system testing, including comprehensive documentation of test strategy, test plan (for internal and customer-witnessed tests), simulation and emulation tests, detailed testing specifications, and results.
- Producing system availability weightings; overseeing calculation of the appropriate FEM availability method.
What we are looking for:
- Master degree in Industrial plant or Mechatronic or Mathematics
- At least 4 years of experience in development or technical management field (possibly in high–level automated logistic business)
- (Nice to have) previous experience as Software engineer in warehouse management system
- 4+ years’ experience in engineering with demonstrated experience in material handling industry preferred
- Functional leadership and communications oriented
- Demonstrated ability to create technical documentation.
- Ability to be customer facing, good with customer interaction.
- Collaborative and effective team player and able to work with teams who are regionally located
- Availability to travel especially on domestic destination for 50%/60% of the time.
Dematic is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. Dematic prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion or belief, age, sex, national or ethnic origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.