Technical Product Manager - Robotic Systems Development
Kion Group AG
Product Classifications include:
Warehouse Analytics and AI
Logistics & Order Routing
Security and Ad
Robotic System Control (Autonomous and Automatic) – AMR & AGV
You manage the existing and future software products at the feature level, interfacing with Product Managers of STILL, Linde, and Dematic to create a scaled approach to product launch and product retirement.
You are data driven, balancing the technology and capabilities against business value both by business unit and global region.
You report to the Director of Solution Management as a part of the Robotic Systems Development (RSD) group within KION’s Central Technology Organization (CTO).
What we offer:
•Competitive Compensation and Benefits
Learn More Here: https://www.dematic.com/en-us/about/careers/what-we-offer
Dematic provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The base pay range for this role is estimated to be $65,000-166,000 at the time of posting. Final compensation will be determined by various factors such as work location, education, experience, knowledge, and skills.
Tasks and Qualifications:
- Strong interaction with KION’s Operating Units sales and product management representing the voice of the OUs for the agile release train (ART). Be the link between RSD Automated Systems (Product Owners / Validation) and our internal customers (“the Operating Units”)..
- Understanding market needs and translating them into strategic roadmap is key. Aligning this roadmap to internal / external stakeholders.
- Organizing and ensuring the transfer of innovation into the product/project groups according to KIONs core strategy and requirements of individual OUs underpinning advanced intercultural leadership and willingness to do international travel (20%).
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting of department performance and project performance. Creating and maintaining the RSD software roadmap for Software & Data, Connectivity, and Machine / Device level products.
- In collaboration with the architects they also defines and maintains the Nonfunctional Requirements (NFRs) to help ensure that the solution meets relevant standards and other system quality requirements.
- Manage and prioritize the flow of work through the program Kanban and into the program backlog ensuring the availability of sufficient features ready to deploy in the backlog at all times.
- Build up an effective requirement management/product owner team is the key to efficient and effective development.
- Master degree with a technical focus preferred. Additional economic degree desirable (MBA).
Experience & Skills
- Strong team and collaboration skills.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to properly communicate to a variety of audiences.
- Experience executing effort in a Scrum framework.
- Ability to understand the customer(s) point of view, and how that guides the project’s requirements.
- Eagerness to guide a team to their goals.
- Action-oriented with a positive & engaging energy.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of iterative development.
- Technical ability in mechatronics or software development.
- Practical experience in automation and robotics is necessary. Affinity with AGV / AMR is highly required. Mobile automation should make your day!
- Fluent in English language (additional languages such as German, Dutch, Chinese, or French are a plus)
- Leadership responsibility within cross-functional multi-disciplinary teams of a global matrix organization
- High ability to think and act entrepreneurially considering risk and opportunity analysis to compile decision proposals
- Experienced within global project business and execution
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills, such as communication and analytical skills and the ability to lead a global high performing team
- Willingness to go the extra mile to anticipate, understand and respond to customer’s needs
Direction of others
- Typically, direction of tasks and coordination of teams along with team leads. No direct reports.
Key Working Relationships
- Primarily intra-organizational contacts.
20% (Including international)