Sr. Software Engineer AMR
Kion Group AG
What we offer:
What We Offer:
· Career Development
· Competitive Compensation and Benefits
· Pay Transparency
· Global Opportunities
Learn More Here: https://www.dematic.com/en-us/about/careers/what-we-offer
Dematic provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The base pay range for this role is estimated to be $ 65,000-140,000 at the time of posting. Final compensation will be determined by various factors such as work location, education, experience, knowledge, and skills.
Tasks and Qualifications:
Dematic is a global leader providing a comprehensive range of intelligent intralogistics and materials handling solutions. With a global knowledge network of more than 6,000 highly skilled logistics professionals, Dematic is able to provide its customers a unique perspective in world-class materials handling solution design.
Our tremendous track record of success has led to the development and implementation of more than 4,500 world-class integrated systems for a customer base including some of the world's biggest companies. Our employees at Dematic work in an international network of experts where the willingness to cooperate and exchange knowledge is crucial to commercial success.
Warehousing and logistics systems play an increasingly critical role in contributing to the competitiveness of many companies and, at the same time, to the effectiveness of the general world economy. The modern intra-logistics solutions combine state-of-the-art mechatronics, complex software, advanced robotics, modern computational perception, and sophisticated AI and operations research algorithms to provide high throughput and efficient processing for many mission-critical commercial logistics applications.
Dematic is looking for dynamic, hands-on, innovation-minded engineers to join our autonomous vehicles software team. An ideal candidate should have a good understanding of the technologies related to Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV), Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMR), and Fleet Management Systems. Our goal is to deliver a robust software solution utilizing state-of-the-art technologies and algorithms to enable the safe and efficient operation of AMRs inside the warehouse.
This is What You Will do in This Role:
· Design, develop and test software for autonomous robots that collaboratively accomplish warehouse automation and material flow tasks.
· Develop software for the Robotic Control System and fleet manager who is responsible for optimizing work assignments, AMR fleet movements, and energy management
· Apply Modern AI and machine learning methodologies to solve complex robotics problems involving the synthesis of solutions that can measurably streamline the operations of fleets and swarms of robots.
· Build visualization tools for analyzing and debugging robot behavior
· Collaborate in design and code reviews with other team members.
What We are Looking For:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar, or equivalent experience
· 3-8 years of software development experience and agile development methodologies.
· Demonstrated ability to program in one or more high-level languages (e.g. C++, Java, Python, C#).
· Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to Travel up to 15% over the year
· Experience with software development on robotic platforms - ideally with autonomous mobile robots (AGV/AMR).
· Experience working with logistics or industrial automation
· Experience in technologies such as mapping, localization, path planning, SLAM, mobile robot navigation, 2-dimensional path planning, obstacle avoidance, controls, energy management
Some positions in the U.S. may require vaccination against COVID-19. Where legally permitted or required, offers for such roles are contingent on the candidate providing proof of full vaccination against Covid 19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine). Candidates with medical issues or religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.