Project Manager - Software
Kion Group AG
• Join a global leader at the forefront of automation, robotics and engineering
• Exciting and dynamic role working on one of our biggest major projects to date
• Permanent role located in Melbourne, Notting Hill OR Sydney, Belrose and on-site phase in Melbourne, Tarneit
• Work from home flexibility (40%)
• Competitive salary with rewarding career opportunities
Why Work for Dematic?
This is an exciting time to join Dematic. At Dematic we are proud to partner with some of the most innovative companies in the world. We are a global leader in the material handling industry with over 11,000 employees worldwide and over 700 employees in Australia and New Zealand. We partner with our customers to design, build, implement, and support automated system solutions for warehouses, distribution centres, and production facilities. Some of our largest customers are household names in grocery, pharmaceutical, and parcel delivery, and in the e-commerce online shopping businesses.
About the Role
Dematic is delivering a state-of-the-art warehouse and logistics automation project for one of Dematic’s global blue-chip clients with a project value in the mid-billion AUD. This major project contains 80,000 sqm of automated storage and retrieval systems (conveyer, racking, robotics) and will be executed from 2024 to 2028. Dematic will deliver the automation fit-out from in-house design (mechanical, electrical, controls and software) to completion, including installation, commissioning and testing to handover.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Software Project Manager to join our dynamic team. As a Software Project Manager, you will play a crucial role in overseeing the planning, design, development, and implementation of software projects as part of our Automation Projects. You will be responsible for ensuring that projects are completed on time, within scope, and in adherence to quality standards.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in project management, excellent communication skills, and a deep understanding of software development processes.
What we offer:
Progressive and innovative global company experiencing high growth
Competitive salary and long-term career progression
Salary packaging and novated leasing
Corporate discounts on car rentals and IT products/accessories
Paid Parental Leave + super – 12 weeks for primary career /2 weeks secondary
Ability to purchase additional leave
Tasks and Qualifications:
- Develop detailed project plans outlining the schedule, deliverables and quality management
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and track project deliverables
- Facilitate regular team meetings to discuss project status, address concerns, and provide updates
- Communicate project progress, risks, and issues to stakeholders, ensuring transparency and alignment with organizational goals
- Work closely with clients to understand their needs and expectations
- Engage closely with internal software delivery unit to ensure delivery in scope, time, and budget
- Implement and oversee quality assurance processes to ensure the delivery of high-quality software products
- Ensure thorough testing and validation to meet project specifications and user requirements
- Initiate, maintain and track comprehensive project documentation, including project plans, risk assessments, and status reports
- Ensure that project documentation is accessible and up-to-date for reference
About You - What We Are Looking For
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
Proven experience in software project management
Strong understanding of software development methodologies
Logistics Automation (Matflo) and Process Control Automation knowledge advantageous
Effective communication and negotiation abilities
Solid organisational and time-management skills
How To Apply
If you would like to apply for the above position, please click on the ‘Apply’ button.
Please note that due to the high number of responses, we will only respond to candidates that have been shortlisted.
Dematic is committed to proving equal employment opportunity in all areas of employment including recruitment, selection, promotion, training etc. and in accordance with federal and state legislation, Dematic Pty Ltd (Dematic or the Company) promotes a workplace free from discrimination and harassment.