Functional Safety & RAM Manager/Engineer Brake Control Systems (m/f/d)
LOCATION: München / Deutschland | COMPANY: Knorr-Bremse Systeme für Schienenfahrzeuge GmbH | nXBrake Lab | REQUISITION ID: 2733 | Full-time | Regular
- Re-think braking, evolve the future of braking for autonomous train operation
- Responsible for defining and communicating safety goals and qualitative & quantitative safety requirements of the future braking systems on railway system level
- Derive the safety functions and perform architecture driven safety & RAM analyses and synthesis adopting a model based approach and methods like STAMP, GSN etc.
- Collaborate with Systems Engineering, analyze and evaluate system-level architectures regarding the effectiveness on RAMS objectives
- Work with Product Management, System Engineering, CS Management, Customers, Stakeholders, and Suppliers ensuring fitness for purpose of the solution intent
- Embrace a Leadership role – operate more through influence than authority, teaching, mentoring, and helping to improve developers
- Working in a scaled agile environment adopting a data centric model based engineering approach
- Minimum 5 years experience with proven track record in safety and reliability engineering of dependable systems
- Profound knowledge of the railway system and autonomous train operation with signalling systems like ETCS and ATOoverETCS
- Proficient in quantitative safety analyzes methods like Markov Chains, STAMP, GSN, FTA, RBD, MonteCarlo
- Customer-centric mindset ensures that the needs of the users are first and foremost when making architectural choices
- Operate within an economic framework when analyzing the impact of design decisions
- Ability making effective decisions in the face of changing or unknown needs
- Business fluent communication in English, fluent German preferred
Come and join our team!
Let’s shape the future of mobility together!
Who are we? Some 30,500 team players around the world, hard at work in over 100 locations across more than 30 countries. As a force for progress on road and rail, we prioritize technical excellence, sustainable business practices and social responsibility. At the last count, our global revenues totaled EUR 6.7 billion. Join us, and you can expect exciting, varied work in an international environment with attractive working conditions – including flexible working hours, sabbaticals and remote work. In addition, you can work up to twenty days a year from abroad in the EU. A broad selection of continuing education programs offers you plenty of opportunities to develop both professionally and personally. And you can look forward to many other benefits, such as sports and healthcare programs, corporate volunteering, JobRad bicycle leasing, subsidized public transit options, and a state-of-the-art workplace with a rich choice of in-house catering options.