Engineer 3-4, Product
Engineer 3-4, Product
LOCATION: Avon / Ohio (US-OH), United States | BRAND: Bendix | REQUISITION ID: 4825 | JOB GRADE: 16
| ON-SITE/REMOTE: On-site
Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we’ve been doing it for 90 years…setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! www.bendix.com/careers
Position Title: Engineer 3-4, Product – Mechatronics
Reports To: Manager, Engineering
Date Last Revised: September 18, 2023
This position is responsible for design, development, application and testing of the Brake Control product grouping associated with Bendix Commercial Vehicles in North America.
- Support PDC and other new product development programs, including engineering and support of APSG deliverables to ensure timely launch of new products.
- Interface with Systems Engineers and customers to document system requirements and test results
- Manage product development of systems utilizing DFMEA tools to guide design principles.
- Manage component validation through environmental, electrical, and mechanical test cycles and track through standard DVP&R
- Coordinate technician resources for test setup, component validation and data collection.
- Manage and organize test plans and resources for design validation and production validation tracked through DVP&R and product design requirements.
- Periodically present DVP&R, test results and system validation methods to OEM customers
- Engineering data collection and analysis from simulation and vehicle testing according to standardized test plans.
- Design of experiment capabilities and abilities to execute and document the experiment into a test management system.
- Represent Bendix’s interests in professional groups.
- Support field troubleshooting calls regarding both electrical and mechanical systems.
- Able to create technical requirements, specifications, and test plans.
- Detail tolerance analysis experience including statistical methods and modelling. Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) including both ISO and ASME standards.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills in a team environment, including global and domestic.
- Participation in the FMEA and DVP&R process
- Detail oriented and driven to complete assigned tasks on time.
- Able to perform technical presentations to OEM customers.
- Knowledge of electronic vehicle control systems preferred.
- Knowledge of steering and air brake systems preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable NHTSA requirements and SAE Recommended Practices preferred.
- Total Quality and Product Safety skills including familiarity with ISO-9001, Six Sigma, SEI-CMM, Functional Safety ISO26262
- Familiarity with relevant industry organizations such as SAE, SME, IEEE
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team in a dynamic working environment including international team members.
- Comfortable communicating with internal and external customers, both global and domestic.
- Engineer 3: 6+ years related mechatronics design experience with bachelor’s degree or 5+ years related experience with master’s degree.
- Engineer 4: 8+ years related mechatronics design experience with bachelor’s degree or 6+ years related experience with master’s degree.
- Prior automotive or commercial vehicle industry experience
- Six Sigma or statistical tool usage
Familiar with common engineering tools
- Product Lifecycle Tools (i.e., Teamcenter)
- Requirements Management Database Tool (i.e., PTC Integrity, DOORS)
- CAD Modelling Software
- Effective communicating with customers and suppliers.
- Capable of multi-tasking and adapting to changing priorities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Solid analytical skills
- Good organizational and project management skills
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering is required.
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- Hybrid Work policy
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.