Engineer 3-4, Software
Engineer 3-4, Software
LOCATION: Irvine / California (US-CA), United States | BRAND: Bendix | REQUISITION ID: 4895 | JOB GRADE: 16
| ON-SITE/REMOTE: Hybrid
Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we’ve been doing it for 90 years…setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! www.bendix.com/careers
Position Title: Engineer 3-4, Embedded Linux Software Developer (SafetyDirect)
Reports To: Engineering Supervisor, Software
Date Last Revised: September 28, 2023
Software engineer focused on embedded Linux software development and design for the Video and SafetyDirect product line.
- Develop application software (C++11/C++17) for embedded Linux systems
- Create unit tests using Test Driven Development
- Create scripts to automate system testing
- Create and maintain tools to facilitate debugging and production
- Bring up and debug prototypes quickly
- Develop device drivers for embedded Linux systems
- Drive feature development – architecture/design
- Drive debugging issues and feature integration with cross-functional teams
- Mentoring junior members to become excellent developers
- Work in an Agile team environment.
- Engineer 3: 6+ years related experience with bachelor’s degree or 5+ years related experience with master’s degree.
- Engineer 4: 8+ years related experience with bachelor’s degree or 6+ years related experience with master’s degree.
- 7 or more years of object-oriented programming in C++11/C++17, C#, or Java
- 3 or more years of Python 3.x programming
- 1 or more years of device driver or kernel development
- Experience in image processing algorithms a plus
- Experience in the application of embedded microcontrollers and related peripherals
- Experience with SOLID principles
- Experience in the use of cross compilers and related software development tools
- Experience in vehicle communication networks for heavy duty vehicles (J1939)
- Experience with test automation tools
- Effective in working in teams and developing solutions through collaboration.
- Object oriented programming skills, specifically in C++17.
- Proficiency with multi-threaded C/C11++ programming
- Real time embedded C and C++11/C++17 programming experience
- Standard embedded communication protocols (e.g. SPI, I2C, UART, USB, Bluetooth)
- Knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP/IP, sockets).
- Knowledge of wireless protocols (WiFi and Bluetooth) is a plus
- Knowledge of Python 3.x.
- Higher-level object-oriented languages such as Java or C# a plus.
- Experience in using CAN emulation tools a plus.
- Knowledge of Yocto Linux and OpenEmbedded a plus
- Knowledge of digital image processing a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent is required.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering is a plus
- Some travel required to support development activity and meetings.
- The base pay range for this role is $96,968 USD – $171,672 USD. The company reasonably expects to pay within that range; however, Bendix considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, location, education/training, and key skills.
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- Hybrid Work policy
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.