PRODUCT OWNER 2
PRODUCT OWNER 2
LOCATION: Acuna / Coahuila (MX-COA), Mexico | BRAND: Bendix | REQUISITION ID: 4957 | JOB GRADE: 17
| ON-SITE/REMOTE: On-site
Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we’ve been doing it for 90 years…setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! www.bendix.com/careers
As a Product Owner, Operations, this individual is responsible for creating and maintaining a vision and roadmap for achieving operation excellence within given product groups and families.
The individual acts as the liaison between operations and product groups to provide
- input to the product management and business team to allow sufficient, well-prioritized and aligned support to the operations
- support to the operation team on critical strategical and tactical initiatives to reduce conversion cost at plant
- consolidated and stable interface to plant for escalation on product and engineering related topics
- Understand the wider landscape of products and programs across Bendix to identify and plan for dependencies with other teams and operation functions
- Act as critical interface between operations and business product teams
- Act as the co-pilot with plant manager to reduce conversion cost at the plant
- Owns the Conversion cost part of the COGS within Product Groups P&L structure
- Provide input to the business product owners and supporting functions to drive sourcing and strategical decisions to consider the impact to the plant
- Incorporate operations and supporting function feedback on the Product vision and roadmap.
- Prioritize and balance trade-offs among conflicting business priorities and operation targets.
- Prioritize the critical change request for the plant based on the input from business product owners and product group directors
- Represent product group in operation escalation system and proactively taking action to prevent and support operation urgencies
- Summarize and develop systematical improvement ideas based on recurring operation urgency and drive through with support of the plant and supporting functions.
- Identify risks in the business, operation and supporting function areas
- Support supplier and plant capacity planning and CapEx planning
- Strong knowledge on operation functions, their links to each other, key KPIs and the financial implication
- Basic knowledge of financials such as NPV, P&L, conversion cost and how to use these to prioritize work and initiatives
- Basic knowledge of Product Ownership practices such as Story mapping, Personas, Vision,
- Basic knowledge of lean tools (VSM, SFM etc.)
- Understanding of major functional and cross-functional business processes and related metrics. (Engineering, Financial, Marketing, and Sales)
- Understanding and utilization of business, management and people processes needed for overall success.
- Knowledge of Scrum and Agile a plus
- Spanish language skill a plus
- Market and product trends in the industry a plus
- 3+ years’ experience negotiating tradeoffs with technical, operation and business resources
- 3+ years’ experience directly working in a plant environment or 5+ years interfacing a manufacturing environment
- Experience managing and prioritizing business and customer requirements
- Agile Scrum development environment experience is a plus
- Experience in the automotive or transportation industry preferred
- Prior experience leading and motivating teams
- Experience in project scoping a plus
- Business acumen
- Sense of urgency and accountability
- Passion on turning operation wins into real dollars
- Ability to listen to, understand, articulate, and anticipate customer and stake holder’s needs
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with central functions and operation functions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; capable of formal and informal discussions.
- Ability to inspire and build teams of teams around a vision. .
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex problems and needs and break them down into smaller hypotheses and experiments.
- Ability to facilitate the alignment of differing priorities across projects, products and viewpoints into a prioritized list.
- Ability to articulate the reasons for a direction or decision to a diverse group of stakeholders and developers.
- Ability to clearly visualize the product development roadmap as a series of releases of visible customer value.
- Four-year technical, operation, business degree, or relevant experience required.
- Lean training and certification a plus
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work-life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- Vacation Premium
- Major medical expenses
- Christmas Bonus
- Life insurance
- Educational assistance program
- Wellness program
- Saving Fund
- Pantry Vouchers
- Personal Days Paid
- Permits paid for: Marriage or Death of a direct relative
- Attendance Bonuses
- Cafeteria Subsidy
- Subsidy for prescription glasses
- Medical service in plant
- Recognition Programs