ENGINEER 1-3, PRODUCT (S185)
ENGINEER 1-3, PRODUCT (S185)
LOCATION: Apodaca / Nuevo León (MX-NLE), Mexico | BRAND: Bendix | REQUISITION ID: 4897 | JOB GRADE: 14
| ON-SITE/REMOTE: On-site
Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we’ve been doing it for 90 years…setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! www.bendix.com/careers
This Product Engineer position is responsible for supporting engineering maintenance and mechanical design of Bendix electronic products for commercial vehicles; including but not limited to camera/radar, steering angle sensors, yaw rate sensors, mounting brackets, etc. Technical responsibilities include analysis and implementation of design changes for cost reductions and product improvements; concept prototyping; validation of products to support supplier transitions; release of new variants to support customer projects; technical product evaluations; creation and maintenance of product requirements, DFMEAs, specifications, test plans, and drawings.
• Support production release of electronic products, working with designers and technicians to conduct engineering-based tasks on product requirements.
• Create test plans based on product requirements, oversee testing, interpret results and document testing in DVP&R.
• Author design specifications, product specifications, component drawings and test specifications.
• Author and update DFMEAs (including linkage activity of S/C’s and C/C’s – critical characteristics) and other safety-related analyses.
• Interface with advanced manufacturing engineers, quality engineering, and plant engineering to implement needed modifications to plant assembly lines and test procedures.
• Interface with plant quality to support the IPA and PPAP processes.
• Support regularly scheduled telecons with OEM customers.
• Implement design improvements to existing products, including VAVE, improvements to manufacturability and robustness, and development of new customer applications.
• Analysis of End-Of-Line rejects and warranty returns; synthesis and implementation of solutions.
• Learn electronics product design techniques from current experts, capture knowledge and create documentation to maintain Bendix electronics design knowledge base.
• Perform basic project management tasks - maintain project status and milestones; report out to management; anticipate workload, potential delays, potential problems.
• The individual will display and further develop an area of technical expertise, to be used as a “go-to” person within the engineering department for that technology or technique.
• This position includes some travel to work with engineering teams at Bendix customers.
• This position includes some travel to Bendix production facilities in Mexico & USA.
• Knowledge of vehicle braking/electronic systems preferred.
• Knowledge of IATF16949 preferred.
• Knowledge of PDM (Product Data Management & TeamCenter) and engineering document control / release processes.
• Demonstrable history of project involvement from concept to production.
• Engineer 1: 0-2 years of experience
• Engineer 2: 2+ years of experience plus bachelor’s degree
• Engineer 3: 6+ years related experience with bachelor’s degree or 5+ years related experience with master’s degree.
• IATF16949 experience preferred.
• Direct experience in production facilities is preferred
• Exposure to automated testing and results analysis preferred
• Product development and launch experience preferred, including: development of specifications, DFMEAs, and DVP&Rs, basic exposure to and interface with PPAP process; Interfacing with manufacturing engineers
• Engineering change processes understanding is required; CAD and PLM tools and design documentation including 3D modeling and creation/ checking of drawings
• Validation testing including mechanical, electrical, and climatic environments
• Current product support, including: statistical analysis of production data, design of experiments, component failure analysis, and maintenance of specifications, drawings, and BOMs.
• Design experience with electronics & mechanical components preferred.
• GD&T and stack-up analysis experience. GD&T certification preferred.
• Experience with working under Agile SCRUM environment is a plus.
• Familiar with common engineering administrative tools (ERP – SAP, Team Center, CAD)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; English and Spanish
• Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency, creativity, and confidence to achieve quality results quickly.
• Ability to plan and organize technical aspect of assigned projects.
• Able to work in a cross-functional team in a dynamic working environment; including with international team members.
• Ability to influence others in positive ways and work under conditions of changing priorities and work assignments.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Solid analytical skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, or a similar field is required. A Master’s Degree in these fields of Engineering is preferred.
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work-life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- Vacation Premium
- Major medical expenses
- Christmas Bonus
- Life insurance
- Educational assistance program
- Saving Fund
- Pantry Vouchers
- Personal Days Paid
- Permits paid for: Marriage or Death of a direct relative
- Cafeteria Bonus