Engineer 3, Product
Engineer 3, Product
LOCATION: Bowling Green / Ohio (US-OH), United States | BRAND: Bendix | REQUISITION ID: 4606 | JOB GRADE: 16
| ON-SITE/REMOTE: Hybrid
Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we’ve been doing it for 90 years…setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! www.bendix.com/careers
This position will perform a full range of technical work including writing test request, draft DVP&R documents, develop components, complete DFMEA studies, supplier development activities, following a stage-gate development process. This position also leads empirical investigations resolving component level root-cause analysis. The position will focus on the product grouping associated with Wheel End product team for KB/Bendix Commercial Vehicles in North America.
- Plans, conducts, and coordinates a broad range of complex engineering technical assignments requiring an in-depth knowledge of foundation brake hardware and validation techniques including laboratory and vehicle testing and metal fatigue bench test.
- Support PDC and other new product development programs, including engineering and support of APSE deliverables to ensure timely launch of new products
- Manage product development of systems utilizing DFMEA tools to guide design principles.
- Manage component validation through environmental and mechanical test cycles and track through standard DVP&R
- Coordinate test activities with the Test Engineers and technicians for test setup, component validation and data collection
- Manage and organize test plans and resources for complete system validation and track through standard DVP&R
- Project planning and project management skills to meet critical project deadlines
- Periodically present DVP&R, test results and system validation methods to OEM customers in a concise and professional manner
- Engineering data collection and analysis from simulation and vehicle testing according to standardized test plans
- Develop prototype samples to be used for early testing
- Design of experiment capabilities and abilities to execute and document the experiment into a test management system
- Represent Bendix’s interests in professional groups
- Support field troubleshooting calls regarding mechanical systems
- Interface with Systems Engineers and customers to document system requirements and test results
- Has appreciable latitude for independent action and decision.
- Position is non-supervisory.
- Regarded as a brake hardware expert in the area of design
- Effective at communicating complex design principles with a variety of audiences including customers and suppliers
- Self-starter/self-motivating with a bias for action and results driven.
- Detail oriented and driven to complete assigned tasks on time
- Capable of multi-tasking and adapting to changing priorities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Solid analytical skills
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills in a team environment
- Participation in the DFMEA and DVP&R processes
- Confident with technical presentations to OEM customers
- Knowledge of air brake wheel-end components a plus
- Strong Microsoft Project skills and considerable experience with managing timing of the product development cycle
- Knowledge of applicable NHTSA requirements and SAE Recommended Practices preferred
- Total Quality and Product Safety skills including familiarity with ISO-9001, Six Sigma
- Familiarity with relevant industry organizations such as SAE
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team in a dynamic working environment including international team members
- Comfortable communicating with internal and external customers, both global and domestic.
- 6+ years of automotive industry or commercial vehicle industry preferred
- Prior automotive or commercial vehicle industry experience
- Six Sigma or statistical tool usage capability
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering is required
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering is preferred
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- Hybrid Work policy
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.