ENGINEER 2, SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (S271)
ENGINEER 2, SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (S271)
LOCATION: Apodaca / Nuevo León (MX-NLE), Mexico | BRAND: Bendix | REQUISITION ID: 4961 | JOB GRADE: 15
| ON-SITE/REMOTE: Hybrid
Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we’ve been doing it for 90 years…setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! www.bendix.com/careers
This position is responsible for developing and releasing software environments, processes, and tools to support product development of driver assistance systems. This position will assist in ensuring the software used for testing and product release processes is effective and efficient for providing the best team output.
- Develop in an agile/scrum environment focused on incremental releases.
- Develop and maintain tests and test applications to validate unit software, software integration systems.
- Collaborate with engineering to automate data management and data flows.
- Automate test cases to enable quicker application deployments and verify functionality, performance and scalability.
- Participate on reviews of the software products, their databases and the environments related to testing of the software; recommend and make improvements on software products and tools for the organization.
- Document standards and best practices for consumption by product development teams.
- Maintain product teams test and build environments and automation frameworks.
- Analyze and understand test results and monitor trends over time.
- Understands the fundamentals of Software Engineering and can demonstrate understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Able to follow standards for proper documentation of requirements, coding, and validation. Produces documentation for consumption by engineering teams.
- Interface with embedded software developers, systems engineers, and Bendix management to communicate status of projects.
- Able to estimate effort of development work with given assumptions.
- Able to clearly communicate impediments or blockers to progress work in a timely manner.
- Intermedium knowledge programming in Python.
- Familiar with online software repositories to store, automate and deploy software services. (e.g. Github, Jenkins, GoogleTest)
- Working in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment environments.
- Familiar with software, requirement, and test management systems.
- Knowledge of driver assistance systems is a plus.
- Experience with C# preferred, but not required.
- Biased towards action.
- Ability to assimilate data quickly.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills .
- Capable of prioritizing time/resources/goals.
- Desire to learn new tools and develop a cross-functional skill set.
- Engineer 1, 0-2 years’ experience required.
- Engineer 2, 3+ years’ experience required.
- Experience working in and developing continuous integration and continuous deployment environments.
- Some experience with backend test automation frameworks.
- Experience with SW release processes.
- Working understanding of Software Development Life Cycle including Quality/Testing Methodologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Minimum travel is expected for this position (other Knorr-Bremse locations, test track).
Position Requirements: The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work-life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- Vacation Premium
- Major medical expenses
- Christmas Bonus
- Life insurance
- Educational assistance program
- Saving Fund
- Pantry Vouchers
- Personal Days Paid
- Permits paid for: Marriage or Death of a direct relative
- Cafeteria Bonus