PRODUCT GROUP CONTROLLER (S308)
PRODUCT GROUP CONTROLLER (S308)
LOCATION: Apodaca / Nuevo León (MX-NLE), Mexico | BRAND: Bendix | REQUISITION ID: 5178 | JOB GRADE: 17
| ON-SITE/REMOTE: On-site
Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we’ve been doing it for 90 years…setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! www.bendix.com/careers
Serve as a member of the Bendix Finance team providing Business Units Financial Controlling activity to drive Product Group performance and achieve business goals. Accountable for product group’s Financial Controlling activities including reporting, planning, analysis, compliance, and insights.
• Partner with Product Group stakeholders and Finance to drive financial performance and understanding the Product Group performance
• Prepare, co-ordinate and review financial closing activities including interfacing with General Accounting, Central Functions to support various activities related to month/ quarter / year-end closing.
• Deliver timely and accurate financial reporting in compliance with accounting policies and ensuring adequacy of internal controls, compliance and provide other financial/analytical support as needed
• Prepare and lead the Product Group’s multi-period operating plan (budget / MOP), and long-term strategic planning (STRAP) processes
• Prepare, co-ordinate and review financial forecasts with stakeholders, including sales / margin, departmental spending, capital expenditures, R&D development projects in alignment with the Sales and Inventory Operating Plan
• Drive the IFRS reporting within the Product Group including the program/project financials (pre-production to post-launch). Support the creation/updates of business cases on projects and capital projects to achieve targeted results.
• Monitor and drive business performance based on timely and accurate financial analysis
• Effectively communicate findings, recommendations, countermeasures, and proposals to stakeholders to ensure business objectives are met
• Prepare various monthly presentation packages for management reviews – design and prepare presentation materials for executive level reviews
• Prepare and provide financials and insight on product / customer profitability performance
• Provide Ad Hoc reporting and support for Product Group projects and special assignments, serving and coordinating with local Product Group Leadership, Finance, and Corporate Functions
• Analyze, identify, and communicate Product Group / Business risks and opportunities promptly
• Interface/liaison between the Product Group and plant operations.
• Aid in identifying, evaluating, and implementing process improvements
• Extensive understanding of manufacturing financial concepts including financial statement analysis, accounting, budgeting, profitability analysis, and standard costing methodologies.
• Working knowledge of Financial Consolidation Reporting Systems (such as BPC, Hyperion, OneStream, Adaptive) and data management skills.
• Extensive understanding of the operational / financial drivers of the business (i.e., industry volume patterns, specific customer products, customer/market mix)
• Working knowledge in cost accounting and techniques (product costing) along with solid understanding of pricing principles and methods
• Knowledge of discounted cash flow valuation of investment projects, capital projects and sourcing
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Office products (specifically Excel and Power Point) and other software package
• Exceptional financial acumen, interpretation, and analysis of finances
• An initiative-taker who is action and customer oriented with a keen sense of urgency
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Demonstrated exceptional analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of calculation and interpretation of key financial metrics with knowledge of variance analysis and presentation
• Utilizes creative/innovative solutions to resolve complex problems/issues
• Excellent project/process management skills
• Possesses exceptional planning and organizational skills
• Ability to work self-directed / works independently in a customer-focused, team-based matrix organization
• Results oriented with demonstrated capability of meeting tight deadlines
• Able to develop and communicate goals and provide updates to all levels of management
• 5+ years’ experience in a public accounting and/or manufacturing environment
• Prior roles must demonstrate strong analytical skills and ability to drive business/process improvements
• ERP systems experience required (SAP preferred)
• Plant finance and/or Cost accounting experience preferred, FP&A experience a plus
• Automotive industry experience a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business-related field preferred
• MBA/CPA preferred
The demands described here are representative of those that must be made by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work-life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- Vacation Premium
- Major medical expenses
- Christmas Bonus
- Life insurance
- Educational assistance program
- Saving Fund
- Pantry Vouchers
- Personal Days Paid
- Permits paid for: Marriage or Death of a direct relative
- Cafeteria Bonus