Principal Sci, R&D - Product Dev
Are you an innovative food scientist with a robust background in product development and commercialization? We are seeking a dynamic Technical Lead to join our Meals R&D team.
In this role, you will be tasked with tapping into consumer trends & insights, identifying technology to support strategic needs, as well as driving R&D-led strategies to ensure measurable results.
You will also apply your expertise to propel the pipeline by creating prototypes and identifying manufacturing processes/locations for our technically challenging projects.
- Technical Expertise: Create and drive R&D-led strategies that accelerate the Meals Innovation Pipeline and bring ideas to life including gauging feasibility, developing prototypes, identifying manufacturing processes/locations for our technically challenging projects.
- Technical Expertise: Utilize your strong technical background to predict future business needs and opportunities, spearhead the discovery of tech unlocks, develop a technology strategy, create a mid-long term implementation roadmap, and generate KHC-owned IP.
- Technology Partnerships: Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers, technology partners, universities, research institutes, and start-ups to drive technology pathways and discover tech unlocks that align with our platform objectives.
- Project Management: Leads development and execution across multiple projects of high technical complexity for the Meals BU
- Mentorship: Act as a technical mentor for junior developers and collaborate on projects that require problem-solving expertise.
- Champion an innovation mindset and exhibit influence on the cross functional partners
- Prioritization across several categories, brands, and business initiatives.
- Extensive R&D experience encompassing project management, technical expertise, and food science knowledge. Frozen and Shelf Stable packaged goods experience preferred.
- BS in Food Science, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Agricultural Science with minimum of 7 years of experience successfully commercializing products end-to-end in the food or CPG industry or minimum 5 years’ experience with Master’s Degree.
- People leadership experience (direct or indirect) of at least 5 years is preferred.
- Experience delivering consumer centric, innovative solutions.
- Extensive external network of suppliers and food manufacturers
- Demonstrated ability to influence, manage projects/people, and solve problems effectively.
- Enjoys the Mentorship of junior scientists through hands on work experience and collaboration
- Brings an entrepreneurial spirit and growth mindset
- Able to discover, develop and transfer new technology to/from KHC
- Travel: Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
Location(s)Glenview R&D Center, Heinz Innovation Center
Kraft Heinz is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prohibits discrimination or harassment of any type. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require an accommodation to participate in the job application or hiring process should contact .