Principal Sci - Product Dev - Meats
This is a Research and Development (R&D) role leading product development project initiatives across Core Meats categories (Oscar Mayer Cold Cuts, Bacon, Hot Dogs) within the Platform. The candidate will utilize their Meat Science Experience to identify and advance new initiatives, technologies and work plans for the Oscar Mayer Meats Portfolio. We will look upon this role to provide/share meat expertise and mentor junior meat scientists in the group. Proven communication and teamwork skills are essential in this role, which operates in a dynamic cross-functional environment. A growth minded strong technical background in Meat Science and ability to think critically or apply prior knowledge and scientific principles to new situations are a must.
Key Components of the role
- Identify/Advance New Technology
- Optimize Process Improvement
- Ideate around new product innovation
- Network with Internal and External Experts, Associations, and Suppliers
- Help to build the technical strategy for the Meats Platform
- Mentor Junior Developers
- Design and execute plant trials, then summarize and translate results clearly for technical and non-technical teams
- Direct communication with suppliers and manufacturing partners
- Adapt and apply scientific principles to new situations/products with support
- BS/MS/PhD in Meat Science or related Field
- 8+ Years of Experience working in Meat Science Field
- Demonstrated Experience advancing ideas from Benchtop through Commercialization.
- Ability to effectively communicate, influence, and collaborate
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to make connections to the big picture
- Willingness to travel approximately 25% of the time
Location(s)Glenview R&D Center
Kraft Heinz is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prohibits discrimination or harassment of any type. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require an accommodation to participate in the job application or hiring process should contact .