Senior Data Engineer
Who We Are
Kyndryl is a market leader that thinks and acts like a start-up. We design, build, manage, and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl? We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers, and our communities.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining complex data pipelines, ETL, data models and standards for various data Integration & data warehousing projects from source to sinks on Saas/Paas platforms - snowflake, databricks, Azure Synapse, Redshift, BigQuery, etc
- Develop scalable, secure and optimized data transformation pipelines and integrate them with downstream sinks
- Provide support to technical solutions from data flow design and architecture perspective, ensure the right direction and propose resolution to potential data pipeline-related problems.
- Participate in developing Proof of concepts (PoC) of key technology components to project stakeholders
- Developing scalable and re-usable frameworks for ingesting of geospatial data sets
- Develop connectors to extract data from source and use event / streaming services to persist and process data into sinks
- Collaborate with other members of the project team (Architects, Sr Data Engineers) to support delivery of additional project components (like API interfaces, Search, visualization)
- Participate in evaluation and creation of PoVs around the performance aspects of data integrations tools in the market against customer requirements
- Working within an Agile delivery / DevOps methodology to deliver proof of concept and production implementation in iterative sprints.
Who You Are
- Must have 2+ years of experience working as a Data Engineer in cloud transformation projects in the areas of data management solutions - AWS or Azure or GCP or Snowflake, Databricks etc.
- Must have hands on experience at least one end to end implementation of data lake/warehouse projects using Paas and Saas - such as Snowflake, Databricks, Redshift, Synapse, BigQuery etc. and 2+ data warehouse/data lake implementations on-premise
- Experience in data pipelines development, ETL/ELT, implementing complex stored Procedures and standard DWH and ETL concepts
- Experience in setting up resource monitors, RBAC controls, warehouse sizing, query performance tuning, IAM policies, Cloud networking (VPC, Virtual Network etc)
- Experience in Data Migration from on-premise RDBMS to cloud data warehouses
- Good understanding of relational as well as NoSQL data stores, methods and approaches (star and snowflake, dimensional modelling)
- Hands-on experience in Python, PySpark, programming for data integration projects
- Good experience in Cloud data storage (Blob, S3, Object stores, Minio), data pipeline services, data integration services, data visualization
- Support in providing resolution to an extensive range of complicated data pipeline related problems, proactively and as issues surface
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
What You Can Expect
With state-of-the-art resources and Fortune 100 clients, every day is an opportunity to innovate, build new capabilities, new relationships, new processes, and new value. Our employee learning hub gives you access to the best learning in the industry to receive certifications and accreditations, including Microsoft University, AWS Cloud Center of Excellence, Udemy, and the Harvard Business Review. Through our company-wide volunteering and giving platform, you can donate, start fundraisers, volunteer, and search over 2 million non-profit organizations. At Kyndryl, we invest heavily in you! We want you to succeed so that together, we will all succeed.