Lead, System Database Administrator - MySQL
Who We Are
Kyndryl is a market leader that thinks and acts like a start-up. We design, build, manage, and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl? We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers, and our communities.
Your Role and Responsibilities :
• Manages and administers the physical and technical aspects of database systems (Greenplum DB, Vectorewise, SQL Server, DB2, Postgres SQL, MySQL, Mongo DB, Oracle, Cassandra), including base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines, and protection.
• Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, installation and maintenance of the database system, installation of upgrades and patches, performance and capacity monitoring/management, and security compliance.
• Proposes and implements enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
• Potential interaction with clients (internal or external) to understand and meet requirements for the delivery of services related to database products.
• Willing to work in 24x7 shifting.
Who You Are
Required Professional and Technical Expertise :
- Hands on experience in Greenplum DB, Vectorewise, SQL Server, DB2, Postgres SQL, MySQL, Mongo DB, Cassandra;
- Ability to prioritize and multitask; - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong interest in automation;
- Understanding of root cause analysis as appropriate and is able to define action plans and track to closure;
- Should have a knowledge of IT infrastructure as a domain.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise :
Hands on experience in Oracle DB
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
What You Can Expect
With state-of-the-art resources and Fortune 100 clients, every day is an opportunity to innovate, build new capabilities, new relationships, new processes, and new value. Our employee learning hub gives you access to the best learning in the industry to receive certifications and accreditations, including Microsoft University, AWS Cloud Center of Excellence, Udemy, and the Harvard Business Review. Through our company-wide volunteering and giving platform, you can donate, start fundraisers, volunteer, and search over 2 million non-profit organizations. At Kyndryl, we invest heavily in you! We want you to succeed so that together, we will all succeed.